Where am i going wrong

Where am i going wrong.... i have posted before about my girls having days where the wont eat and it is starting to bother me to if im doing something wrong or over feeding or what ???

Nikita refused to eat again last night.... gave wings today and she was fine but come this eve both girls refused to eat..and i don't know why .. so will appreciate any thing anyone wants to advise

i feed 3 chicken wings in morning and then in eve Tikaani gets 140 grammes of kibble with 110 grammes of nature diet meat mix.. and Nikita gets 60 grammes of kibble ( as she is not biscuit lover ) and 190 grammes of nature diet .. Tikaani also get spoonfull of natural yoghurt...

Tikaani weight in kilo's

06/05/2008 7.4

28/05/2008 8.6

06/06/2008 9.5

14/07/2008 11.9

29/07/2008 12.7

07/10/2008 17.8

16/10/2008 18.8

07/11/2008 19.4

15/11/2008 19.6

25/11/2008 19.5

14/12/2008 19.9

02/01/2009 20

12/01/2009 20.9

28/01/2009 20.2

06/02/2009 20

01/03/2009 20.6

Nikita weight in kilo's

07/10/2008 19.7

16/10/2008 20.3

07/11/2008 21.1

15/11/2008 20.8

25/11/2008 20.5

14/12/2008 20.9

02/01/2009 21.5

12/01/2009 20.9

28/01/2009 20.9

06/02/2009 20.8

01/03/2009 21.3

am i worrying for no reason or am i doing something wrong..

i'm no expert, but you may be worrying for no reason, as i would assume that you have taken them to the vets for health checks/possibly changed foods? And if they're perfectly fine, and healthy and happy, i wouldn't worry. I guess its like a child, if they were hungry they would eat. Have you tried giving kibbles in the morning and wings at night? Dunno if that would make a difference. Can't think what a female's ideal weight should be, but would have thought between 20 and 23kg is a good weight?

Like i said, no expert, but if they look and act healthy and active i wouldn't worry.

Richard, what are their ages?

Mukki will do this every now and then, he just isn't interested. He is our athlete, the alpha dog in the pack and in the harness. He usually goes off his feed when Rich doesn't have time to run him and he's not been active. If he does it 2 evenings in a row, I make sure he gets a good workout -lots of running and exercise that usually does it.

If he still acts disinterested I baby him a bit and sit on the porch and fork feed him -kind of silly but he likes it. I make sure I feed him very slowly and he finally pushes me away and eats the rest of the food. He doesn't get the attention the others get and this works -have only done this three times in the last year.

Now Tala has the opposite problem, she can not mush due to bad hips and she is fed about 75% of what the others get BUT she has been getting fatter each week! Last month the vet tested hormones, she is on low end of normal so he has her on this diet drug... normally I would not go for it but she gets far more exercise than Mukki. She was 74 lbs! She's been on Slentrol for a month and has lost 3 lbs but has a long way to go.

hopes some of this helps

Cris

Richard, sounds like they are healthy weights! Have they a reasonable covering on their ribs? Saying that you should still be able to feel them, just not count them visibly! U got a couple of recent pics??? I'll chat with u next weekend about feeding, we had a similar problem with Skye when we first got her, and she was on dried food then, and far too thin to go without eating.....she's still slender its just how she's built but going for a very varried BARF diet sorted the problem instantly xx

Richard, this is an extract from the Kennel club Siberian Breed standard

Size

Height: dogs: 53-60 cms (21-231/2 ins) at withers; bitches: 51-56 cms (20-22 ins) at withers. Weight: dogs: 20.-27 kgs (45-60 lbs); bitches: 16-23 kgs (35-50 lbs). Weight should be in proportion to height. These measurements represent the extremes in height and weight, with no preference given to either extreme. A dog should not exceed 60 cms (231/2 ins) or a bitch exceed 56 cms (22 ins).

So it looks like the're smack on the button...

They both seem to be a healthy weight. I would keep an eye on their weight a moniter it and if it changes dramatically then take them to the vets.

Are they both wormed and given spot on regulary? If not it maybe an idea to have them tested if they dont start eating.

I wouldnt take any immediate action but I would monitor thier food intake for a few days

thanx Sarah for your imput... yes Tikaani is 1 and nikita is 4 .. both do have a fairly good coverage allthough tikaani is now taller than Nikita and does look like she carrying more weight ... and she is slightly lighter ..

thanx amy yes they are both wormed and spot on regular...

and thanx to cris... after u mentioning that which i hadnt of before.. i have sat and thought about every time it has happened and think that may be the answer as they have had very lazy week as i have been ill and not got them out as much and have been busy with van.. but yet today took them out for long walk and they cleaned there bowls.....

so thanx you have certainly given me something to watch for in future...