Car trouble

Sarah

Kaiser had his first ride in the car today on his own without Kimba and my ears are STILL ringing with the SCREAMING and HOWLING he did!!!

I couldn't believe something that small could make so much noise!! When we first got Kimba he had no trouble at all travelling in the car but my god>>>>>Kaiser is so different!

I always transport them in the back, have been out in the car quite a few times with both dogs and not had any real problems, Kaiser cries a bit but nothing major.

Anyone got any ideas how i can calm him down? I tried talking to him, keeping quiet, radio on, radio off, window open, window closed, heater on heater off and i can't think of what else to do!!

Have you tried cinditioninghim to it - like you would a crate! Not quite sure how to do it with a car, but maybe stick him in the car for a couple of minutes without it running, then take him out and on his walk - so that he knows something good is coming from being in the car!

Isis loves the car - she cant get enouhg of it!

Have you tried cinditioninghim to it - like you would a crate! Not quite sure how to do it with a car, but maybe stick him in the car for a couple of minutes without it running, then take him out and on his walk - so that he knows something good is coming from being in the car!

Isis loves the car - she cant get enouhg of it!

tehy say feeding the dog in the car with the enginge off is a good way to do this as they get a possitive assocation

Hey Sarah, yea your prob right that its because he's on his own.....my girls hate being split up and howl constantly till they're back together! The spray is called DAP http://www.viovet.co.uk/Non-Prescription_Medicines-Dogs-Behavioural-Dog_Appeasing_Pheromone_(DAP)/c119_13_124_173/index.html?gclid=CMbQmZGZiZkCFREgZwod-2S6nA and you can also get a collar. It can be useful when settling a new pup in and getting it used to routine! Might be worth a go, but he might be just as bad because he's away from 'this pack' xx

Thanks everyone for your comments, will take him out and do bits with him on his own and see how we progress if all else fails i will get his vocal chords removed!!!

JOKING before the rspca turn up at my door lol