Kira and Grey

Sid_Wolf

Hey guys :)

Well I'd say its going well so far, there's only one issue, well not really an issue, I just want to make sure Im doing the right thing :)

Grey wont leave her alone, she's had a lot of exercise the last couple of days, lots of play in the park yesterday etc, and she will entertain him for a little while, then want to relax. But he continues to mouth her and stand over her etc. She puts up with it for a bit, then tells him off, but he doesnt get the message, even if she chases him off its all a big game to him lol

So I have been removing him to the other side of the room and getting him to lay down, and giving him a ball or the tug rope to distract him, it seems to have been working, as he'll soon settle down and sleep

I dont think its anything to do with lack of exercise, he spent 5 hours running around at the park yesterday, and I took them both out for a 2 and a half hour walk at about 2pm, and if I settle him he will sleep. In fact, they're both asleep now :)

I think its just the novelty of having another dog around all the time??

Am I going the right way about it? Do you reckon he will begin to leave her alone once he gets used to having her around??

Oh Im happy for them to playfight, they can go for it as much as they like, its just that Kira gets tired n wants to rest and he wont let her. I've left her to tell him off but he just doesnt listen, so I've been removing him

I think you are doing ok seperating them for a little while sid, i think we may need to bring kav to give poor kira a rest..:lol: It should calm down soon as others say once they have been living together a while , i think kira is getting a bit tired of being nibbled @ after a few hours of it i would be too but think what u are doing is right ,he needs to know when he must stop pestering her & have time out, i had to do it with sisko when quite young as she would keep pestering kav to play & wouldn't cease but soon learnt that other dogs don't always want to play continuously.

Thanks hun, they're asleep at the moment, Grey on the laminate in the back room, and Kira laying on rick while he plays playstation lol

Think I may be able to slip quietly away for a bath in a little while :D

He's meeting ricks mums dogs tomorrow, and Buster always has energy, neither of them get taken out so the chance to play is always taken up lol

when orca came to our home the very same thing happened i aloud them to simply get on with it if echo ever really told her off i would then intervene. how ever two weeks later it was clear that echo was just going to be boss and orca backed off a little once in a blue moon orca trys her luck again but always fails because echo tells her straight. kira Will tell him when she has had enough she is clearly going to be the one who has the final say. it is HER home in her eyes not yours not greys but hers lol. they will settle with each other good luck with them and glad you got grey bet your the happiest fella alive :)

Oh yea, Kira is most definately boss, but she's good tho, they both drink at the same time (from the same bowl lol) and will both share a bowl of food with no problems, its just this play thing.

See it looks like she really is telling him off, but I guess if she was then she would actually go for him??

both mine had a disagreement dismorning had to break them up my poor orca had a cut above her eye!:( wasnt bad tho but echo has had this bouncy ball thing going on she takes it every where she found it in the park i can take it off her no problem even the kids can but clearly she didnt want orca to have it, orca tried sneaking it while echo was asleep!!! bad idea!!! so echo is now sulking at me because i threw it away after the clash!

Lol grey is one persistant bugger! A firm no usually worked for me when he played with xena non stop but that might just had worked cause it was me. You will need to get your own way of stoppin him but once he knows he has to stop he will. So happy to hear he is settlin with you, we miss him so much seems so empty without him :-(

Its been over 3 hours since he's bothered her, so maybe the message is sinking in (either that or he's just tired! lol)

Tell ya what tho, having him about has given Kira an appetite! She's eaten both her meals today, and half of his!! Cheeky bugger :rolleyes: lol

Grey says he misses you too, but this bed is too damn comfy to get up off! lol he has stolen Kiras bed :rolleyes:

Grey is very persistant when it comes to play, its like he never runs out of energy :rolleyes: but i do find a firm no workes. Im sure in couple of weeks things will calm down once Grey and Kira get more used to each other where as befor they both lived on there own so just need a little time to adapt to the new change.

You sound like your doing a fab job with them sid! x x x x x

Oh yeah the novelty of having a new dog to play with can make them very persistant Nukka was like this the first few days we had Shadow, luckily he was VERY patient with her and would just lay there and put up with her pawing him till she got bored and went to play with a toy instead! LOL But once she realised he was here to stay she calmed down alot and now they play nicely and rest nicely together. I actually didnt need to intervien as Shadow was so patient but I think what your doing just destracting him away with a toy sounds perfect to me! :) Great to hear their getting on so well together! :D