need some help with this 1

Blaze is being very funny with skyla, shes always been submissive to him but now hes acting abit of a bully, he keeps making her be submissive with her, its been happening since monday

ETA: theyve just had a scuffle (its not the first one either) - he didnt hurt her but she did scream at him, no reason for it either the bones were nowhere near them so thats not why would gettin him fixed help at all?

ETA again - they arent always like this, they are currently playing quite happily together :)

heres a video i got - he doesnt hurt her but i dont understand y he feels the need to make her submit to him when shes always been submissive around him

she always follows him after he walks off

jRyFUV3KShU

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how Lyra and her BFF Bauer play together. They bite at each others muzzles, and a lot of the time Bauer simply lays down on top of Lyra, so you can't see her at all. Lyra is learning how to be a little submissive, as she'll make a point to like his mouth after they play rough.

Maybe it's because Skyla is getting older and Blaze sees her as a threat to become alpha? This is just a guess but maybe that's the reason why he never did this before. or maybe it has something to do with her coming into season? I don't really know much about this so I'm just guessing. I hope he doesn't hurt her though!

ya reckon sid? just normally when they play shes not submissive and he doesnt growl like that unless he is gettin fed up of her cuz when they do play shes usually very rough with him ??

heres a video of them playing n him being vocal , its so different to the other vid thats y im concerned

what about the scuffles for no reason they dont even need to be playing to end up in a scuffle?

the first vid they're just playing but to me i saw it as skyla wanting to submit to blaze, not him wanting her to submit?

She's licking the inside of his mouth which shows a sign of trust from blaze

She could be flirting with him?

Kelly - the second video - i've seen blaze when he's gone for my 2 - his "attacking growl" isn't like that on the vid, i think it's just playing and being noisy really x

Based on just the video alone (I have no idea how the act usually), it looks to me Blaze feels the need to be very submissive to Skyla. To me, Skyla looks slightly confused and doesn't really know how to act? Blaze may act submissive because, like said before, she is in season, or she is really begging something.

I haven't seen it myself with dogs yet, but I know wolves do the exact same thing. It's a way to show they trust their leader and accept they are a lower rank than the others and is completely harmless.

But I think it's the season-thing. In the last week Dana's season she will too submit to almost any moving thing. Of course, I may be wrong. But as long as it won't end in fights, I wouldn't be really concerned about it.

i think this is probably because she used to be a child in blazes eyes, now she has had her first season, she is an adult, and has to take her place in the pack and to stop being a puppy.

i think they will sort it out, skyla is being submissive so she is accepting her place.

i saw a similar thing happen with my friends 2 greyhounds, one was older and the other and he tollerated his puppyness for about 10 months then became strict on him.

good luck

the first vid they're just playing but to me i saw it as skyla wanting to submit to blaze, not him wanting her to submit?

She's licking the inside of his mouth which shows a sign of trust from blaze

She could be flirting with him?

Kelly - the second video - i've seen blaze when he's gone for my 2 - his "attacking growl" isn't like that on the vid, i think it's just playing and being noisy really x

i still hate the fact he went for your boys :( :( :( :(

i think this is probably because she used to be a child in blazes eyes, now she has had her first season, she is an adult, and has to take her place in the pack and to stop being a puppy.

i think they will sort it out, skyla is being submissive so she is accepting her place.

i saw a similar thing happen with my friends 2 greyhounds, one was older and the other and he tollerated his puppyness for about 10 months then became strict on him.

good luck

thanks david thats a great reply im guessin you must be right its the only reason i can think for him to be acting this way with her after he has never done it before :)

As it is her first heat and coming into a teenager she will try and up her rank Blaze is just letting her now it aint going to happen. But looking at the vids it seems to me they are playing Akia is very vocal when playing with willow. I have been told its when they are quite you need to worry. If you dont like it babe and it is worrying you then stop the game redirect them. Also in another post didnt you say the neighbours dog is in heat. If so poor Blaze will be getting frustrated. I would say if you not going to let him get his oats then I personley would have him fixed. Any man that aint getting any puts him in a bad mood.....lol.

I am sure they will sort it out amongst themself though just keep an eye it dosn't go to far.