how long does it take fur to grow back??

bakakittie

hey guys,

i got spirit spayed about a 2weeks ago. the vet had to shave her belly fur away for this procedure to happen. her healing's process has been good so far, stitches are out but with mild irritation to her stitches so i've placed antibotic cream on her belly for a couple days and it's been recovering pretty well. i'm just wondering how long did it take your husky's tummy fur to grow back?? I've been looking on the internet that it might take years for her fur to grow back and even when it does grow back it wouldn't be the same sad.gif since winter is coming soon for us...i'm worried that she'll get cold/sick or something along those lines. Is there anything to help her fur grow quicker??

on top of this...i think she might have zinc deficiency =( so i'm feeding her an egg and some pork liver daily to help increase her zinc levels. but w/ her low zinc levels prevent her fur from growing back as quickly? would there be a faster/better way to increase her zinc levels through food?

thanks so much guys

Ev

The concern about the fur not growing back properly, is most likely with regard to the top coat with both the guard hairs and the undercoat. For the most part, the fur on the tummy does not have guard hairs and once it's grown back you'd never know it was shaved. Took Zoya about a month for her tummy to be back to normal appearance after it was shaved.

With the days getting shorter and the weather starting to cool off, her fur should grow back pretty quickly. I haven't ever noticed any thinning of the tummy fur after my girls have been spayed. rolleyes.gif Seems more like, if anything, it all comes back thicker than ever, all over!

Loki's belly and leg fur took about two months to fully grow back in. You can actually shave a siberian except for the back and guard hairs. The belly and leg hair is all undercoat. (hence why it isn't waterproof) so there should be no damage there.

Zinc deficiency causes staining from sweat and saliva, but shouldn't affect hair growth.

Eika was spayed in April and her fur has pretty much grown fully back, it's a lot thicker than it was - but then i can't really remember what it was like!

She'll be fine, by the time winter fully hits she'll have at least a small covering of fur to keep her warm!

• 9 years later...

My pomsky’s guard hair was trimmed short by the groomer by mistake and now I am worried if the guy at fair in her back will every grow back the same. She used to have beautiful black shiny guard hair on her back and now she is cream grayish. Anything I can do to regrow her hair back or we are out of options? 

• 5 months later...