Stealing Food - MERGE TEST

I am posting this on behalf ov my friend sian if ur intrested let me no n i will pass on msg or add her on facebook - sian doonan

there are photos ov him on my profile here take a look please (unfortunately there are abit small but like i sed add her on face book or if u wanna c a pic bigger i can maybe email it to you) she paid 400 for this gorgeous boy but is willing to take 200 ono aslong as hes going to a good home he is really friendly and loves all people and dogs hes super sweet and totally gorgeous :)

Beautiful 9 month old male Huskamute in need of new home.

We absolutely love this dog to piece's but unfortunately living in a 2 bed house with a small garden is unfair on him and with me and my partner out of the house working most of the time it is hard to find the time to make sure he gets plenty of excersise everyday. And because of his lack of proper excercise he is starting to get restless and destroying the house. We are looking for a new home for him but it must be someone who has other Huskies or other big dogs even, that he can run around with, Preferably a farm or somewhere with a lot of land, The person we are looking for must also have previous experience in raising Huskies as we want him looked after properley! pics of him are on my facebook, If I come up private send me a messgae or add me as a friend. Please no timewaster's as we will not let him go somewhere we are not happy with!!

picture.php?albumid=75&pictureid=648

will do thanks alot i sent the link for the SHWA to my friend so hopefully when shes next online she will let me no if shes gonna take that route or just keep lookin for a home for him through asking around its a shame cuz Khi is such a great dog if i could have him i would take him in like a shot hes lovely and so so so so friendly :) and 1 ov the cutest things ever

Ok so now ive realised that Blaze has been stealing Bingos food didnt notice this as Blaze gets fed downstairs whilst Bingo gets fed in my room (and im not often in there) otherwise he wont eat it so i caught him stealing it last night and tried to stop him by doin the cesar milan thing the sharp ssshhh and the light jab to the neck and all that happened is i got snapped at so i tried takin bings food off him and he starts wolfing it down as fast as he can all the whilst growling at me because im trying to stop they get fed at same time it just seems that Blaze wants all the food to himself. any help/advice you can give me on how to stop this would be greatful

I would advise two things.

Firstly, always feed them separately. Feed them one before the other, and in different rooms (or have them in their crates).

Secondly, start implementing a training program when you feed them. The program I use, the triangle of temptation, is the best one out there. Instead of me trying to explain it, I'll just give you the link - follow it to the letter and I guarantee you will see results very quickly. This is different to getting the dog to sit and stay for his dinner, and it is important to follow it exactly. No one has ever failed this program, it is easy to use and takes no time at all to do.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=64101

Great advice smeagle and I agree with the crating of one while feeding the other till he learns not to do it, it worked for us.

Dogs love their crates as it makes them feel safe and secure. We have three dogs and always keep them separated at food time, it is just a precaution and much more practical.

great link smeagle!

I don't have any problems with Kimba, I tell him to sit while i take his food to him and wait. He won't move to eat his food until i say ok. This has helped loads with getting Kaiser, i'm in the process of trying to teach kaiser the same at the moment

great link smeagle!

I don't have any problems with Kimba, I tell him to sit while i take his food to him and wait. He won't move to eat his food until i say ok. This has helped loads with getting Kaiser, i'm in the process of trying to teach kaiser the same at the moment

The program I linked to is good for the basis of any drive training, which is what makes it so good as you don't just use it for feeding. You can use the triangle for prey toys, training treats etc. Once you get to a certain level in the original program you can use it to incorporate other commands - for eg I have progressed with my beagle and instead of just having her sit, look at me and then releasing her, I have her sit, look at me and I call her - so she has to come to me and then I release her. you can then further this and do heel work around the food bowl, or down stays etc.

It is all using drive training which is IMO the most effective training program in the world :D

ETA: I saw a ToT demo with an obedience champion, the handler used the dog's prey toy in place of food and got the dog to do the most perfect heel work around the toy etc - it is such a good program to use because the dog knows by obeying you it will get the best reward (drive satisfaction).

Firstly, always feed them separately. Feed them one before the other, and in different rooms (or have them in their crates).

Blaze gets fed downstairs and bingo in my room so weve got a start there and we dont have crates for them bings has never had 1 and when blaze went in his he wud just pee in there :S so we dont have it anymore but thank you for the link i will try that n c where we get to

thnks for all the advice off every1 i will let u no how i get on :)

I agree, feed them separately and in different rooms or in their crate. I do this with my 3 otherwise I get fights breaking out between them! I always feed Gizmo first as he is most Dominant and then Marley and the Bandit as he is least dominant. I was told to do this by the breeder we bought Marley and Bandit from, to feed them according to their rank in the pack and was also told that we should eat before they do as we are the pack leader.

Is Blaze always protective of his food (as in he will snap at you all time no matter if its his or Bings food)?The scoffing the food down as you take it away is probably because he thinks your taking it to eat it so if he scoffs it down, you can't eat any which is probably how he is thinking.

Here are a few links I found that may help you:

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/dealing-with-dogs-that-steal-food/page1.aspx

http://www.dog-obedience-training-review.com/dog-food-aggression.html

http://petcare.suite101.com/article.cfm/eliminating_food_aggression_in_dogs

http://www.ehow.com/how_2126275_tame-food-aggression-dogs.html

awww, he is so gorgeous!!!! I would love to take him but don't really have the space at the minute, with 3. I know a guy who did his bike test with us and he has recently lost his 2 dogs and was looking at getting a rescue, and we are friends so will see if I can find his number and call him about your friends see if is interested.

Do keep us updated as to how it all goes

hi sibe wolf thnx for that if u cud my friend would greatly appreciate it dont forget to mention we are in coventry west midland just incase he wants him but then finds out its too far to travel or anythin ive jsut msged Sian and she would like to no if he has a big house & garden for him as he is quite big for 9 months wot with bein a mal cross