what car

Mistyrayn

what car do you drive and what adaptions or harnessing do you do when travelling with dogs..

i have a Peugeout 206 which i have flattened seats down so now its only a 2 seater have put in gaurd to stop them from getting to the front.. also when travelling i harness dogs to anchor points in car just in case they jump out when opening boot...

am in process of looking at a van.. and having it properly kitted out..

We've got a Vauxhall Zafira which we use if we are only taking a couple of dogs out or transporting rescues. We have a heavy duty fitted cage in the boot. If we need to, we can put the middle set of seats down and put another cage in the middle section with space for another two dogs.

Then for the real stuff, we have an Iveco Daily long wheel-base Hi-Top van, with cages for 12 dogs and room for two rigs and all the harnesses, lines etc etc.

Mick

I don't drive a specific car as we have 3: Peugeot 307 (mainly used for car tuition), Nissan Navara (I dont drive this one, too big) and Landrover Freelander (That's as big as I go with cars!).

We use the Freelander for the dogs. We fold the back seats up when we have the dogs in there and the other good thing is when the seats are folded up it also acts a little like a dog guard so the can't go through the little gap between the front seats. Gizmo still puts his front paws on the seats so he can stick his head out the window which is funny to watch when your driving on a duel carridgeway!