Would have been....

Sarah

Would have been my grandad's birthday today :( gawd today's gonna be horrid. Always made sure I saw him on his birthday and as we've not yet burried his ashes with my grandma I can't even go and lay flowers on his grave :(

Happy Birthday Grandad, love you and miss you so much xxx

Awwww, the first year is really tough, as there are so many 'firsts' without your loved one.

Celebrate his birthday anyway, could you maybe have a family meal tonight in his honour and remember some of his birthdays from the past? I think that while its obviously very sad to talk about people that we have lost, when you start in a group with other people that knew and loved them, pretty soon you are all laughing as you remember thingsbiggrin.gif

Be gentle with yourself today and don't expect too much.

love you sarah, thinking about you today, your grandad is watching over you and knows you are thinking about him, you dont need to lay flowers-u need to do something he'd laugh at you doing....like having a pint of his favourite ale, or listening to a song he loved or just happy memories of him being discussed.

big hugs and lots of love xxxxxxx

Head up hun, we know you must be upset and finding today hard and as ISDW said the first year is always the hardest!

Anyway im sure he is looking down at you, wanting you to live your life and be happy! no doubt getting an ear bashing off the Wife up there.....lol

hugscommentgraphic02.gif

Im so sorry sarah, i know how tough this is for you it was my grandads birthday recently too, i have his photograph in my lounge so he can see all the antics my dogs get up to and have a good old at laugh at me chasing phoenix round the house when he goes on another stealing or counter surfer mission :unsure: im sure he has a good old chuckle at me :rolleyes: Keep your memories alive sarah and find comfort in them when things get tough as these are those precious things that will make you smile and you never forget..

Thinking of you and your family take care xxx

Thinking of you Sarah, it's tough, really really tough...but you know what? You'll get through it, like the others said, think about all the happy times you had together and toast a drink to him today, even if it's your morning cuppa! He's not where his ashes are, he's in your heart and wherever you are.

Love and hugs xxx

Not alot i can add to whats already been said, just that our loved ones are never realy gone, it's the physical appearance thats left but the spiritual side of him will never ever leave your side. He loved you as much as you love him and he will always be with you so even though it's hard Sarah just remember he's by your side and would want to see you happy and remembering the good times together, the things that brought you so close together.

Thinking of you hun xxxxxxxxxx lot's of hung from us all xxxxxxx

you don't need a grave or tree or symbol for your Grandad, he's in your heart, where he'll always stay, I've learnt that about my Dad & I swear I can hear him laugh when I do something daft!

Thinking of you on this tough day, but remember the good times, it does get easier, xxxxxxxxx

awwww i've done so well all day and not shed a tear - until i read this thread - you guys mean the world to me, wish i could give you all a great big HUG right now thank you all for being there and making me smile.

Yes Aimee - i DID do something daft, i walked SMACK into my desk at work today I sounded like i had turrets blink.gif all my work went everywhere lol i've a lovely red splodge on my thigh at the moment that i have a funny feeling is going to turn into a bruise sad.gif