Squints

So, i had to put down my cat Squints on wednesday (yesterday.) He had developed a urinary blockage and was in serious pain. We rushed him to the vet and they said surgery starts at $1,500 and goes up if there's anything else wrong (stones, more obstructions, something going wrong...) Unfortunately that was way more than I can even think of pulling out of thin air at the moment and was pretty much strong-armed into putting him down. The poor little guy. Only 4 years old. I raised him since birth and actually saved his life when he was about 3 months old. His brother died of an internal cyst but i caught the one on Squints before anything could happen.

Even though he wasn't a Husky, he was a wild Tiger at heart. He could hold his own with my ever growing pack and sat himself comfortably at the top of the pack hierarchy. It's such a sad horrible thing to have to do and i feel so GUILTY. Like i killed my cat. He had so much personality and actually gave it to Mickey real good when he first came home. laugh.gif

You will be missed my little mini Tiger Cat.

RIP Squints 10/31/07- 4/21/10

Kristina, so sorry to hear about Squints, it's never easy when they pass away, but harder when you have made that decision, but please don't think that it's your fault, you don't know how he would have been after if he had had surgery, what his quality of life would be, please don't blame yourself, you did everything for the little fluffball while he was with you, just remember all the love he brought to you

RIP, Squints :(