Introducing Gracie

Hi everyone!

I'm Julie, 45 years old from the states (Iowa). I adopted Gracie, a 3 year old Sibe from a rescue in Illinois last Friday. She is my first Sibe and what a sweety she is. She joins my pack of two boys, Tuff (3) and Angus (10). They are not sure what to think of her yet. She is very growly, at least some of which I think is play but it makes them keep their distance. She has some resource guarding issues I will have to deal with and will be finding a behaviorist to work with us.

She was found in Kentucky in a field trying to take down a cowblink.gif so I guess she has that Husky prey drive. Right now we have a 5 foot fence and we are only taking her out on lead. She tries to stick her nose under the fence and jumps up on all the gates. I think she would be running for hills if left off lead. I am going to have to get a new fence that we are going to bury.

Her favorite pastimes are giving kisses (a little too wildly though) and going for walks. It only took her one night to settle in her crate and now she is letting us sleep through the night.biggrin.gif

I will try to attach some pics.

Look forward to getting to all of you and your pups.

Julie

post-1425-13585950127892_thumb.jpg

post-1425-13585950129113_thumb.jpg

post-1425-13585950129951_thumb.jpg

post-1425-13585950131021_thumb.jpg

post-1425-13585950131838_thumb.jpg

post-1425-13585950132701_thumb.jpg

post-1425-13585950133534_thumb.jpg

Hey ya Julie, Tuff, Angus & Gracie, wave.gif

Welcome to the pack!! Your furbabies are lovely wub.gif LOL.... Gracie was found trying to take down a cow defo sounds like that Husky high prey drive to me! laugh.gif Really hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends! x x x x x

Hi Julie, Tuff, Angus & Gracie welcome to the site, lovely pics n stunning sib's, i have a girl and 2 boys and she is deff the boss lol the boys back down and she gets away with murder.

If my boys fight she gets in the middle pushes them apart and you should hear the ear bashing she gives them lol

Hiya, Julie, Tuff, Angus & Gracie :wave: welcome to the pack

Taking down a cow, eh? She must have been hungry! :blink: wonder what the poor cow thought! :lol:

Nice to hear you helped out a husky in need & have recognised any issues & are prepared to help her, wish all abandoned huskies were so lucky ... your dogs are gorgeous, Tuff's tongue is HUGE! Bet you get lots of sloppy kisses there! :D

Good idea about the fencing, too, Gracie will be in the next state before you know it, otherwise! :lol:

Welcome!

This site is great. All you guys with multiple Sibes are making me want another one already (no I cannot have 4 dogs, no I cannot have 4 dogs......biggrin.gif )

Yeah i was singing that tune about a month ago... but it looks as though my foster Raleigh isn't going anywhere anytime soon... So i guess it makes 4!? Yikes!!

hehelaugh.gif