Misha & her mummy say HIYA :)

Hi All,

my name is Bev aka MishasMum :-)~

I have been reading the forum all morning and half the afternoon. There's a LOT of great info here and I THANK YOU!

Misha came to us just over 24 hrs ago. She appeared on my doorstep! I have ALWAYS wanted a Husky... what are the odds that one would appear on my doorstep? She did have a city tag with a number on it we have tried to contact the owners but they have yet to return our calls. I realize you are all owners but I am REALLY hoping they DON'T call us..... and frankly who waits over 24 hrs to look for their dog??? We have another dog Gizmo (a Shi Tzu) and I can tell ya the minute he is unaccounted for I am utilizing every resource available to locate him, thank God it has only happened 2-3 times in 6 years.

Misha (the name I have chosen for her) looks like she could be pure bred but I don't know for sure, she certainly exhibits some Siberian Husky behaviors. She also looks a little underweight to me and was soaking wet when she showed up. I am estimating her to be just under a year old. I'll find out for sure from the vet if we get to keep her. She is absolutely beautiful, as you can see from my picture. She has been housebroke for sure. She has a fantastic temprament. From everything I am reading her rather mellow temprement is an exception to the high strung rule. I have been dealing with her singing, and BOY she listens well... we seem to have THAT problem licked LOL. She's a chatty thing too, loves to tell us hello when she comes back in the house. Based on what I am reading so far I should be ok for training her even though she is not a pup per se.

I am trying (sort of) NOT to get attached, in case the owners call... but.. but well I am failing miserably. So for now I'm teaching her to lay on a specific mat in the house while she is here, which she has taken to no problem! And basic , come, sit, lay down commands. Today we played around with the shake a paw thing and she seems to be sort of getting it too. I am using the name I have picked for her.. and she is starting to respond to it, but I can tell it isn't the name she was given, I am hoping this won't be problematic.

I am SO EXCITED at the prospect of keeping her. I realize her owners may call... but a gal can dream can't she? If I don't hear anything by Monday I will be taking her to the vet for a thorough once over, and getting her licenced. I feel VERY fortunate that she has such a great disposition and am lookiing forward to hopefully sharing her with all of you and learning more than I already have here...

Well thanks for letting me blab, please don't hate me for loving 'someone elses' dog.....

hey bev and welcome,

how strange that you found a husky!!!!!!! i wish that happened to me.

good luck in finding gizmo btw

anyway the guys on here are really friendly and i have found them to be great with advice.

enjoy the forum

kelly

p.s post some pix of your furries we all love to coo over pics xxx

hey bev and welcome,

how strange that you found a husky!!!!!!! i wish that happened to me.

good luck in finding gizmo btw

anyway the guys on here are really friendly and i have found them to be great with advice.

enjoy the forum

kelly

p.s post some pix of your furries we all love to coo over pics xxx

OOOOOPS I miss typed Gizmo is not missing. He has manged to pull the ole Houdini a couple of times in his 6 years but he is not missing right now. I will post a pic or two of the both of them for you.... And YES I feel very very lucky about Misha.... she is a beautiful looking dog. Thanks so much for the welcome, I have particularly enjoyed all of your posts you are a great source of information... loving all your training tips :)

post-1369-1358594886667_thumb.jpg

post-1369-13585948867268_thumb.jpg

That's a very precious pic of them together!

I know it's hard, but really try to not get too attached! And I totally hear you... If my dogs went missing I'd be calling radio stations and putting up enough fliers to kill a rainforest

looking for my furrbabies. Have her scanned for a chip and try to call the owners some more. Just think, what if it was Gizmo who wound up in someone elses home?

But if you do end up being OK to keep her, it seems like they are a nice pair together :)

Hi Bev, welcome to the Pack. Oh, I'd be so down if I were in your shoes and the owner's called. I'd be even more down, if my Zoya ran out and I could not find her. May be a tough few days, so good luck on all accounts. You may consider running a found ad in the local paper. I know you are hoping the owners don't call, but you do have to make a best-effort attempt. It would be better to have the owner's contact you within a few days as opposed to a few weeks. Again, good luck.

Please keep us posted.

Hi Bev - Misha is beautiful and very, very lucky to have found you. She looks to be well fed and groomed so someone is probably looking for her, sorry:( This is going to be very tough on you and your family, but hope all works out well for Misha. There are so many huskies out there looking for new homes, if things don't work out with Misha, maybe you can adopt? If you think about it, this well behaved girl may very well be your stepping stone into Husky heaven.

First off hi and welcome Bev, i so hope this all works out for the best but you must try not to get to attached just yet.

She may well be able to stay with you but on the other hand some one may be realy missing her i wish you luck please keep us updated xxxx

Hi bev, welcome to the pack :D

She is gorgeous - I can easily see why you're falling in love with her. If i lost my boys i'd be out there straight away looking for them, maybe she's staying with someone and the owner's on holiday?

Please keep us posted with how you get on, it certainly looks like she's made herself right at home !

Feel free to ask anything and everything! :D

look forward to seeing you around the site :)