Hello All

Hello everyone,

My name is Alice White and I am from Georgia (although I currently live in Minnesota). I have been a husky fanatic since I was quite small and I adopted my first Siberian when I was eleven. Since then, things have snowballed (literally!). I did a lot of dryland mushing and scootering growing up in Georgia, and I traveled to snow country a couple of times to experience running with sleds on snow.

In Summer 2008, I made a major jump and moved to Minnesota to work with racing Siberian huskies at Manitou Crossing Kennels. I live and work full-time at the kennel and love getting up each morning to work with dozens of huskies.

I happened across this forum the other day and thought it looked like fun! You may know me from some of the other husky forums around.

Cheers!

Alice

http://sleddoggin.com/blogs/wolfmoonsleddog/

Hey welcome to the pack!!

I love sledding, tho here in britain its rare that we can actually use sleds, we usually use rigs, scooters and bikes :) My Kira was approved as a working sibe just yesterday!

Thank you all for the welcome! Doing this kind of work is not at all a glamorous job. It's been an amazing experience but it's not easy. Mushers are often looking for handlers. The best thing to do if you are looking for such a job is to contact mushers directly and see if there are jobs available. Keep in mind that most jobs are for room and board and a small stipend - it's hard to find a good paying job in sled dog handling. Mushers also advertise for handlers on Sled Dog Central...just be careful and try to find someone reputable. That's my advice.

And since you all want pictures, here are two from earlier today. More soon!

post-1322-13585948442056_thumb.jpg

post-1322-13585948442783_thumb.jpg