A Case of mistaken Identity

Andy

So a month ago I posted about Storm our latest acquisition.

After a google image search and much checking of body types and markings I pegged him as a Dutch Shepherd mix.

Even the good folks on Dutch shepherd forums and websites, said yep definitely a Dutchy with something else mixed in.

spacer.png

but I was curious as to WHAT he was mixed with so I got a DNA test, swabbed the inside of his cheek and sent off the sample for analysis.

spacer.png

anyhoo today I got the results back, and boy was I surprised. . . . . 

229600855_Stormpercentages.thumb.jpg.04acf993ca6df9039b2fa027fad878ff.jpg1021278703_Stormfamilytree.thumb.JPG.f2ddd378388756bb82f3cbc8a4fdd3e1.JPG

NOT a hint of Dutch Shepherd in him. . . . LMAO

The brindle comes from his 25% Greyhound and the rest from his thoroughly Mixed everything else

Scottish Deerhound, Akita, German Shepherd, Husky (YAY!!!), White Swiss Shepherd and a random smattering of others

He's well and truly a MUTT of epic proportions LOL

1 hour ago, robke said:

Wow did really think there was some Dutch shepherd in him....

Yep me too, probably not another one like him. Unless he has some brothers and sisters.

However knowing nothing of his history. . . . . it's a mystery. :)

That's an impressive combo of breeds! 😀

Hmm with the 50% shepherd, you've got a chance of him being a good offleash guy...
but with the Greyhound/Husky/Deerhound...he may be more similar to a Husky with his recall! 

PS You really are a Photoshoppy wizard...the pic of Storm added to your signature is great! 

Archived