New husky owner

XXL

Hey my names devin im new to owning my own husky and have a 9 week old husky with a bit of akita in her. So far she's a great dog listen well takes to training pretty good and even love our one cat. But we are having issues with nipping and peeing every to she goes in to a new room. Tho she is young and just started her training and nothing change over night. Now i have read alot in to training and watched some videos but im always up for hearing from other people. As of now her routine is wake up at 5AM to go pee and for a walk around the block( will be long when she's older), then gets half a cup of dog food 3x a day with treats for training she is let out every 2hrs and anytime she has high energy we play with toys. I look forward from learn and share our experiences with everyone 

20190722_142256.jpg

20190725_041908.jpg

Welcome,

She is adorable. Great mix. LOL

My personal opinion is that females are harder to house break and are more independent which can make training a little harder. Just have lots of patience.

Pay close attention as she gets older to see which Akita traits she will develop.

Do you know if it was an American or Japanese Akita? There is a difference in size and personality.

2 hours ago, 2Huskyfun said:

Welcome,

She is adorable. Great mix. LOL

My personal opinion is that females are harder to house break and are more independent which can make training a little harder. Just have lots of patience.

Pay close attention as she gets older to see which Akita traits she will develop.

Do you know if it was an American or Japanese Akita? There is a difference in size and personality.

American akita and patience i know is a big part. Its been less then a week now since we got her and im more amazed at how smart she is. As of now she comes to her name, she gets sit right 75% of the time comes when ask and when told to stop doing something more then not she will listen. Right now we are out back waiting to go the bathroom and she's just laying down by my feet. It's a nice night right now so i plan on letting chill like this for abit 

Let her out every hour or so and straight after eating,  drinking , sleeping,  playing etc , lots of praise when she goes outside and if she toilets inside remove her from the room and dont let her see u clean it up (they see u 'playing' with it and think they've pleased you)  also reduce her access to certain areas 

And yes I found my girl took a lot longer to learn toilet training than my boy did 

Archived