New Member from the San Francisco Bay Area

Hapa DC5

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ira and I have an almost 5 year old Siberian named Legend. We share an apartment with my fiancee in Santa Clara, CA. He's my world. He's kept me out of trouble and in shape as we do 2-4 miles per day regardless of the weather.

My admiration for the breed started when my father took me to see Iron Will as a kid and the dogs from the movie along with other Sibe owners were at the theater. That was definitely a special treat. I remember having the lead dog in the movie (the all white one) come up to me and lick me.

My dad promised me we would one day have a Husky. As the years went on and I grew older so did my dad. Unfortunately my father passed away and was unable to fulfill that promise to me.

Now as an adult I went through a bad break up with an ex. We had two cats which she took with her. While she essentially packed up everything and left I found myself alone and wanting a pet. I came across Legend two years ago as he was found in SoCal running in the woods. When he was finally caught, he wasn't chipped. No one claimed him and he was transported up to NorCal. He had another name at the time and didn't respond to it much. Legend was brought to an adoption fair.

He seemed to be drawn to me from the get-go and ignoring other Sibes and people. I took him for a brisk and instantly felt a bond grow. He looked like a Legend so I started calling him that and he immediately took a liking to it.

Here are some pics of us...

16hjgih.jpg

k2kapj.jpg

2vkg46b.jpg

hi welcome to the pack smile.gif legend is gorgeous! wub.gif and what a great name for him he looks so happy with you smile.gif i look forward to seeing you around and seeing some more pics of legend smile.gif

also any questions you have please feel free to ask there are a great bunch of people on here who will be able to help you :)

Hey Ira, welcome to the Pack! Legend is an awsome looking Husky. What a wonderful story. Sounds like you two were meant to be. Thanks so much for posting the pics. Kudos to you for taking Legend and making him a part of your life.

Yes I agree, the boy and I were meant to be. He's so in tune with me he seems like an extension of myself. Definitely glad my childhood dreams came true and I have a Sibe.

Yeah he was frightened at the waves, it was very cute because he always walks with a sense of purpose and seems so sure of himself. That definitely brought him out of his element.