White sores in the mouth

2Huskyfun

Since I noticed this after office hours. I was up most of the night looking online. From the research, I guess it is Canine oral papillomas.

So gross. LOL. Must have gotten it from daycare. 

Not a lot can be done. But I will be taking the little girl in since hers is the size of an  eraser and there is one on the roof of her mouth that is twice that size. The boy only has one on his lip.

Uggg, I would really like to go one month without a medical issue with these guys.

Online states it is about a 6 month  quarantine. I guess we will be working on them being home alone for short periods of time. 😧

Thank you everyone. 

I am trying hard to be a good pet owner. I have kept them out of daycare just in case it is what I think it is. But walking them 3x a day when weather allows. Even though that is where they got it and it has probably already done its damage to other pups there. 😰

The only thing the vet can do is crush one of the large ones in Theia’s mouth to get her immune system to kick in faster. But during that time her  immunity will be weak and she could catch anything and everything she comes into contact with. (That’s the main reason for no daycare)

Unfortunately, the boy doesn’t have any big enough.  

But I will let you guys know the  verdict on Monday.

Just got back from the vet.

Yep my pups have kissing  cooties.🤢 LOL

The female had one crushed and the vet was able to mush up one of the small ones on the boy.

They all look normal and we shouldn’t have any issues getting through it. But we are looking at 4 months of (trying) to keep them out of daycare or away from other dogs. Ugggg 😰

I guess it is common here. There is not a whole lot that can be done about it. 

I’d look at 4 months of no doggy daycare as a positive, I’ll bet you’ll see a difference in their health. Whatever illnesses other dogs have it’s usually passed around to the others, just like nurseries for kids, my other half’s grandson has been ill on a monthly basis since he started nursery, he’s only 2 and he’s been going there since he was 6 months old [emoji33]
Glad they’ll be ok. [emoji240][emoji240]

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I have never had these behavioral or medical issues with any of my others.

But this is also the first time I have done puppy classes, daycare, and taking them everywhere.

So maybe this is a sign that I need to stick with the old school of boing things.LOL 

Since they are still aloud out (just no physical contact) and it is cooling off, I am looking into Hiking paths up in the hills to take them. Need to wait about a week or two though because their immune system is being strand.

I would also report it to the Doggy Day Care, they will want to check records and inform owners to have dogs vet checked as some one brought in a dog with an infections and all dogs need to be seen by a vet They will also need to ask owners not to bring in dogs that could be infected until they have a clean bill of health

This is a problem with day care, you have to hope they day care and other dog owners value  dogs health, all it takes in one person to being ina  sick dog and a whole lot of people end up with vet bills

1 hour ago, PaulG said:

I would also report it to the Doggy Day Care, they will want to check records and inform owners to have dogs vet checked as some one brought in a dog with an infections and all dogs need to be seen by a vet They will also need to ask owners not to bring in dogs that could be infected until they have a clean bill of health

This is a problem with day care, you have to hope they day care and other dog owners value  dogs health, all it takes in one person to being ina  sick dog and a whole lot of people end up with vet bills

I agree. Unfortunately this is something that can hide pretty easily unless dog owners check their dogs on a regular basis.

I check mine every day just because I know they are constantly getting into things and especially after daycare for any injuries.

The vet did say this is really common here and they see pups all the time with it. Makes me think that most just ignore it and keep taking their pups. 

They are really  maturing great and they are so worth it.

Love my baby Sibes. 

Just an update in case anyone else runs into this.

There is no meds that can be given. It goes away on its own. Highly contagious to only other dogs. Pups under 2 years. Then it is only like 20% chance of it passing to another pup.

It is common for them to bleed. (When they rough house) 

It is a theory, crushing one will activate the immune systems response and speed up recovery. * was advised they would get a lot more (in clusters) and it will take a few months for them to start to go away. 

My girl had 6 and the boy had one. Had one in each of their mouths crushed and there has been no further outbreak. Plus the ones that the girl did have are almost all gone. It’s only been 7 days.

So, I am going with the theory. It was worth a vet visit just to crush one.

Even though the vet said about 95% of dogs do not have complications from this and do not need to see a vet, I still watched for any signs of difficulties breathing (they can spread to the back of the throat and lungs- very rare) and for infection. Plus I highly recommend going to the vet to have one crushed.

7 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

I hope the day care are letting all dog owners know about it, they obviously got it from one of the dogs there so they really should shut down for a bit and like 'quarantine'

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Nope,  denied that my pups got it from there and with having a major holiday over the weekend.... uggg

I have switched daycares.

I would think that a steroid shot like Prednisone from the Vet for both your puppies would help their immune systems kick in to rid these white spots. Also, you could give them some Kefir yogurt or probiotics daily putting some good bacteria in their systems to help cancel out bad bacteria even if it's a virus, it may help.
I agree with@PaulG & @BingBlazenSkyla about the Daycare letting all dog owners known what's going on, be forced for all dogs to be updated on all their shots, boosters, etc., or their dogs cannot be at the facility until shots are given. If the facility does not want to comply, then they may lose a lot of doggy business.
I pray your precious babies start feeling better and the white spots will be gone soon.
[emoji191][emoji191][emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Everyone has to be up to date with ALL vaccines. Even  Bordetella and Flu shots before they go to any dog friendly place here.

We lost a lot of dogs last year from the flu in my area😞 Every place groomers, daycares, even vets had to shut down because of it.

Canine oral papilloma can be contracted by fully vaccinated dogs. That is the bad thing about it. There is absolutely no meds that can be given to help with it. Unless the bumps themselves become infected. 

I have them on  probiotics but once I am done with what I have left I will be switching them to a better immune/probiotics supplement. 

I am also going to have their zinc levels tested. All the post about ZRD has me wondering if mine maybe a little low.

Constant diarrhea (at least the boy) no matter what I do. They caught kennel  cough, the boy had  pneumonia, both still itchy, and now this. 🤔

Archived