Car Accident Advice

Emiiku

My furballs got hit by a car as we were in the middle of the intersection next to our house and they both got hit a long with a hooman.

Kiba seems to be okay with the vet but Kuma is stiff. The emergency vet said the X-rays all checked out and he had no broken or fractured bones. We’re just really worried and if anyone has had experience if they have any advice?

We’re going over the X-rays again and are getting pain meds for him. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

IMG_9794.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Not quite the same thing but we adopted Bear after she was thrown out of a moving vehicle on to a road in central London.

She too avoided broken bones but she was pretty sore and stiff for a few days. She was also afraid of vehicles too.

The physical problems cleared up much sooner than the mental ones but she’s fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

In answer to your question   hydro therapy  is basically either walking in water  or swimming (under controlled conditions)  -  there are some hydrotherapy centres dotted around the country  -  possibly your vet could arrange a referral if the stiffness does not go away?

Yes we’re at the vet again to see if there’s any additional X-rays they could do for his chest area. The emergency vet only did the pelvic bone and legs.

He’s had a bit of diahhrea today and that’s why we’re checking him again. We’re hoping the best

Not quite the same thing but we adopted Bear after she was thrown out of a moving vehicle on to a road in central London.
She too avoided broken bones but she was pretty sore and stiff for a few days. She was also afraid of vehicles too.
The physical problems cleared up much sooner than the mental ones but she’s fine now.

Did she have any diahhrea after? Mentally he seems a bit slower to react and he did get scared when we passed by a car starting up

Yes we’re at the vet again to see if there’s any additional X-rays they could do for his chest area. The emergency vet only did the pelvic bone and legs.

He’s had a bit of diahhrea today and that’s why we’re checking him again. We’re hoping the best

Did she have any diahhrea after? Mentally he seems a bit slower to react and he did get scared when we passed by a car starting up

No she didn’t have any troubles with diarrhoea. She was just a bit sore and wary of everything (no big surprises there). Gradually that passed as she grew up and settled down.
Best to get that checked out, I hope she’s ok. Xx

We got some bad news, vet said he has a pnumo thorax where the heart is shifted and there’s a legion where a lung might’ve gotten punctured and liver ALT is high. If doesn’t resolve on its own we’re gonna a need a CT scan and maybe have to do tapping to get rid of air buildup in the lung area.

Good news is he can still walk, eat and pee normally, no broken bones. We need to monitor him this week and he’s gonna go back to the vet on Monday for the doc to watch him. Doc said these issues may resolve on their own. We’re taking pain meds and liver support meds. Hoping the legion in the lung will be okay. Our lawyer said since we’re pedestrians we’d most likely win against the Insurance, the case we should be able to cover some of the med costs.

We’re just kinda on limbo and he seems to be mentally scared. He was scared of a fly this morning but we’re all hoping for the best and thank you all for the support it really helps a lot for us [emoji24]

Update on Kuma furball, he almost seems back to normal in terms of moving and eating.

He’s taking some antibiotics for the gall bladder Incase of infection and some Denamarin for the liver.

I think mentally he’s really scared to go out so we’re being really patient with him to go pee every time.

Thanks for all the support from you all! We’re going for a recheck in two days

Good luck for the recheck.
It’s understandable that he’s anxious given what he’s been through. It will take a bit of time for him to gradually relax and become more confident.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all! Kuma seems to be recovering well. Not as scared anymore outside, we think it might’ve been the pain meds he was taking before. Now he just wants to play!

He got a weird water lump where the vet check and vet said he should reabsorb it in a few weeks. We will be going to ongoing rechecks until vet gives the all good!

Thanks so much, it’s really less stressful when we for this forum [emoji24]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived