Good luck to Myshka & Sabre

we left her out of her cage overnight (trusted her to behave!) and she was fine .... woke this morning at 7:30 crying, so fed her & gave her her pain meds & she's settled down again. She's eating, drinking, toileting, etc OK, just very whingy & moping around, but better than I thought she'd be.

She's having lots of cuddles & rest time, she has to go back for a post op check on Thurs, then have her stitches out next Thurs, if all goes to plan!

Myshka says thank you to everyone for your comments, & hopes Sabre is feeling good & well this morning, too. She also apologises for deafening you in the video, but wants to make it known how unhappy she is!! :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for their kind wishes. Sabre is nearly back to normal this morning, looking forward to a walk I think, but can only take him on road walk due to bandages which he has to have changed on Friday.

Glad to hear Myskha is OK - I'm sure they are both going to get spoilt for at least another couple of days biggrin.gif

Guest snowdog

awwwwww poor puppa! val i feel for ya its horrid knowing your babes arnt happy, but least shes got loving peeps round her to make it comfortable, quick journey back to health for you myshka, husky kisses from my 3 biggrin.gif , and glad sabres feeling better also smile.gif x

Myshka is getting there - we had her to the vet yesterday for her 3 day post op check, her wound is still oozing a little & swollen, but not infected. Myshka doesn't have any bandages on, so I'm quite reluctant to walk her in the rain, mud, etc in case her wound does get infected. She is on pain meds & antibiotics & has to go back Sunday for another check up to make sure she is healing ok. Other than that, she is back to bossing Diesel around (and secretly, I think he likes it that way!!) :lol:

Thanks for asking after the pups, I'm sure both are going to be 100% in no time!! :D

Just got back from the vets for Sabre's check up. We now have cream to put on his bits as he has been licking them and made them inflamed and have been told that he has to wear the lampshade when we are not with him - have just tried this and he DOES NOT LIKE IT. He also now has some rather fetching red bandages on his legs. Back again Tuesday when hopefully the bandages can come off and stay off.

Thanks, Cas, I'll give Myshka a big hug (and get COVERED in fur as she's blowing!) & I'm sure Julie & Andy will do the same with Sabre.

Myshka doesn't wear a Buster collar (lampshade) & I've only caught her 3 times trying to lick her wound, but I couldn't see her being happy with one on either ... I bought a doggy neckbrace ( just over £6 delivered) but not had to use it yet.

Good luck on Monday, hope he doesn't have to get a fetching lampshade, you'll have no furniture or legs left!! :lol:

aww hope all babies are ok...What's this neck brace Val? Eika's getting done at the end of April, so would be interested to see what it is and what you think of it!

didn't use it as she never really bothered with her scar & if we caught her & said her name, she knew & stopped it, so I can't give a verdict, I'm afraid! But, if you want to borrow it when you get Eika done, let me know, I'll post it on :D

Myshka had a load of fluid collecting under the scar, so the vet drained off a whole syringe full at the beginning of the week, she had her stitches out Thursday, but she still can't run free at the dog park, we've been advised to keep her on lead for walks for another 2 weeks to give her chance to heal properly, so all is looking well for her :D

Julie / Andy, how's Sabre doing? All bandages & stitches gone now, too?

Sabre's not doing too bad thanks, he had dissolving stitches so they don't need to be taken out. smile.gif The scar where he was neutered is doing great but one of his legs is a bit sore, keep putting cream on it and will have to keep an eye on it. Think we may have to bandage it up tomorrow when we go meet Kat and Paul just in case. Other than that he is completely back to his usual self although even more hyper - don't know if that's down to him being neutered tho or putting him on a raw diet. huh.gif

Glad to hear Myshka is doing good.biggrin.gif