Goodbye, Gino

My mum had to have her dog PTS on Tuesday .... it was actually my brother's dog, but the old story, he left home & Gino got left with the parents!

When Dad passed away 16 months ago, Gino went downhill as he & my Dad were inseparable, especially after Dad retired, it was like me & my shadow! But somehow, he carried on, maybe to help Mum through it all, but finally on Tuesday, the decision was made to take him the vets & let him go. He'd stopped eating & drinking on Monday night.

But, Gino was 19 years old!! I think he'd more than had a decent time with us!:D

Run free, little man, you were the runt of the litter but outlived them all, and, God love you, you were as ugly as sin! :P xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gallery_144_4_151868.jpg

Wow 19 years, that's a good ole age :)

So sorry to hear this Val, in a way it must bring back some of the pain that you went through with your dad, we're all here for you hun xx take comfort that he will be running free now with him :)

RIP Gino xxx

thanks, Tony....

Gino was the ugliest little crossbreed you would ever had met! His funniest feature was his bottom teeth - they all protruded forward, not straight up like they should! Made him look so funny but never stopped him eating! Every time I saw him, I'd say "God, you're bloody ugly!" & he'd come straight up for a nuzzle! Daft lad!

Thanks to all for your wishes, at 19, we knew it would come, but still a bit of a shock.... :(

Now come on Val how can you say he was Ugly? especially when you have a Carpet like that in your house, now thats ugly....loltongue10.giftongue10.giftongue10.gif

WHAT???!!! Totally offended!! .................................................................. it's not mine, anyway, it's me mum's!!! :lol: She's just had it ripped up & the whole place decorated, thank God! Always felt I was hallucinating with it!!