Hello and Thank You

Hello my name is Chris and i am from the D.C area.

Currently i have a 10 month year old Siberian Husky German Shepherd mix (hope that still allows me to be here ;P) named Andy. We got him when he was around 5-6 weeks old and is my first dog. Though he looks like Shepherd for the most part he really acts like a Husky.

I really am happy i found this site.

Its hard to find dogs around my area that are husky's or even near his size ( he sorta has a problem with smaller dogs). Sometimes i do envy some of the other people nearby with dogs that are easy to train but at least i can say its never a dull moment with Andy. He is very active(really hyper) and is still being trained. So far he knows sit, lay down, paw, and sometimes stay. Still a lot of work to be done espically with walking him but hopefully if i keep at it maybe we can get through it after a while lol. Also if you live in Virginia, Maryland, DC, or Pennsylvania with all the snow that has fallen he gets even more excited to rolll around in the snow. Hopfully i can help other people in situations i was in just a few months ago and also receive help from some of the more experienced Husky owners.

As for the picture i have is when he was around 2 months. At the moment i do not have a current picture of Andy because someone is borrowing my camera with his recent pictures but the only difference is his eye color changed as he grew older and of course hes a lot bigger now :)

post-1253-13585947809616_thumb.jpg

Hey Chris, Got Snow? Welcome to the Pack! Andy is such a cutie! Even if he did not have any Husky in him, you'd still be welcome here. Heck, they let me join. Look forward to seeing you join in on some of the posts and make sure to post up some more pics when you get a chance.

Thank you everyone for welcoming me and Andy here :D

According to my friend who is a dog groomer Andy is a Husky wearing a Shepherd disguise.

Apparently the only thing Husky appearance is his tail which is curly and held up high.

Have my camera back. Here are some more pictures of him when he was a small small pup and some recent ones with all the snow.

33kxkr4.jpg

ao5jr6.jpg

24b9spc.jpg

20u8sia.jpg