Hello everyone...

Smithy

Hi from the Northwest of England. We (me, my wife and 2 kids) have been owned by Huskies for just over 4 years. Our first (Smithy) is a 4 year old male, the second (Noushka) is an ex breeding bitch of 11 (next month) who we rehomed 3 years ago, and is Smithys mum. We also have another dog (Barry) who is 2 and is a whippet x doberman x bullmastiff. Noushka is Barrys foster mum, she was going through a phantom pregnancy (lactating and all) and she and we fostered 8 pups and could not let likkle Barry go. It will be interesting to read what everyone does with everyday situations and occurances ( oh I'm nosey me), but for now here's some photos of our lot...

Smithy

000_0018_00.jpg

Noushka

000_0011.jpg

Barry

Picture275.jpg

awww your dogs are lovely wow phantom pregnancy that must have been different my rabbit had a phantom pregnancy and started pulling her fur out making nests so i got a guinea pig to go with her and she hasn't done it since. I look forward to seeing you around the forum and seeing your views on certain husky shenanigans. lol

Hi and Welcome!

Phantom pregnancies are wierd. One of our girls had one recently and every time the phone rang, she would wimper and look for the "crying puppy." If there was no-one in the room to answer the phone, she would pick it up and try to nurse and clean it! She also collected all the cuddly toys around the house and made a nest for them under the stairs......

Mick

Thank you for the welcome,

whoo hoo another northener!!!!!

unfortunatly I am a plastic northerner, although my wife is a proper 'un ( born in Bolton)

Phantom pregnancies are wierd. One of our girls had one recently and every time the phone rang, she would wimper and look for the "crying puppy."

You're not wrong there Raindog she had a long eared fluffy toy rabbit she carried around and tried to "make a nest" in any dark corner, and a squeaky toy when every time she bit it and it squeaked she cried. We thought she must have hurt her mouth, but no it was the sound of her "puppy".

Oh, and Marc I've updated our personal bit by the name, we are in Oldham ...