Tapatalk Vs Chrome

Maz51

I've not bn able to 'write/chat' for weeks on my Samsung 5 then suddenly found I could via laptop. I live on my phone for comms..it's just easier.

Is something wrong with Tapatalk? I also read views it was 'hanging' a lot.

I've updated, which it did after I tried to download again but it's still hanging..yet I'm IN now via Chrome!

Anyone pls...help!! Don't like the format on Chrome. Tia.

And I cannot stand tapatalk LOL  I use chrome on my tablet and phone and use the full version option (at the bottom of the page)...

I am moving this thread to technology etc just so you know...  well I am not as for some reason I cannot will ask another member of staff to do this

Tapatalk unfortunately seems to have been going in the wrong direction for a while now. As they have tried to get more and more clever with it, the software has got less and less user friendly and the performance is terrible.

The interface through chrome is the actual forum itself built by us, whereas tapatalk is an interface built by them which just links into the data on the forum. The problem that there is with the current forum version (when you are looking through chrome) is that it has to use a completely different skin and design in order to be usable. This is because of the age of the technology being used which although looks modern is actually quite old. We do have quite a major update to the forum later in the year which has a much improved 'responsive' design to the way it looks. What that means is that instead of showing you a different interface when you are on your mobile, you actually see the very same interface which is rescaled to work correctly with mobiles and tablets etc.