Deleted

I can't watch the video as am on my phone at the moment but that's an interesting article.

I've found with my 3 that they will lick faces and muzzles differently ..... eg when playing, when greeting a new dog or just when someone comes into my home then get licked as well or when I'm petting them.

I think as with humans 1 action can have a variety of meanings .... We kiss for love; to say goodbye or to say hello for example so why can't one action for a dog have multiple meanings

Good discussion topic ?

sent via husky howls

My 3 never lick each other, though Harry does sometimes sniff Maiyas face.

All 3 lick the members of my family including me on greeting and if they can reach will always go for the face, particularly the mouth.  It's accompanied by lots of tail wagging so I would say this is a happy lick :) 

Each morning my dogs will greet me with wagging tails and lots of licks, it seems to be their way of saying good morning.

Maybe if my dogs were seperated from one another for a time they would then lick each other, may have to try it some time.