Goldie broke her leg.

My parents in laws dog, Goldie (she's a whippet) is really old and she broke her back leg tonight, quite high up and instead of pinning it and doing lots of rehabilitation, which would take months and cause her a lot of pain, they are amputating it tomorrow. We are all really worried about her as she obviously has to go under anesthetic and stuff. Like i said she is old but she is quite spritely and we're really hoping that she pulls through the anesthetic, we're sure she'll be fine with only 3 legs....oh poor baby. :(

Can you all keep your fingers crossed tomorrow please? She is at the vets tonight and she is in very good hands, the nurse who's with her is the best, we get on really well...and she has whippets herself and she has fallen in love with Goldie already and is going to look after her all night...

I had a cat once that got knocked down and had to have a back leg amputated I was amazed at how quickly she recovered and like Clive said it never slowed her down much and lived to a very good age there after :)

All the best for her :)