Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone, I stumbled upon this site while browsing for husky owners. I was trying to get as many pointers for my new husky Suki that i just brought home this past friday. But i had one quick question, while walking her some people have told me that she looks like an akita. So i'm wondering if my dog is a husky or could it be a mix?

post-1149-13585947143736_thumb.jpg

post-1149-13585947146947_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the pack.

I still find it stange when people ask what type of dogs I have :blink:

Anyway...post some pics and i'm sure we will be able to tell you.

How old is your furbaby??

It is going to be 3 month on the first of February. Yeah its annoying, but since i'm a first time owner it has me thinking now.

aww she is a beauty :wub: i want her lol

that 2nd picture is a lot like one of the 1st ones i got of kira, she has a very similar look :) so cute lol

i'd say she was a full sibe, tho give her more time to grow up and any other breeds may start to become more apparent

aww she is a beauty :wub: i want her lol

that 2nd picture is a lot like one of the 1st ones i got of kira, she has a very similar look :) so cute lol

i'd say she was a full sibe, tho give her more time to grow up and any other breeds may start to become more apparent

Thank you. Yeah i'll just wait and see. She's a handful already, when we try and walk her she is real stubborn and stops and doesn't want to walk anymore because she hates the leash; she wants to run around all the time.

She's a handful already, when we try and walk her she is real stubborn and stops and doesn't want to walk anymore because she hates the leash; she wants to run around all the time.

Typical Husky! Welcome to the pack Jorge. She is extremely good looking. Sure looks like a Husky to me. And those eyes of hers are very striking. Take lots of pics of her as she grows. Come back often and join in on the posts. Any questions, just ask. There are plenty of folks here to help.

Hiya, Jorge, welcome to the pack :wave:

Suki is gorgeous & I agree with the others, judging from the pics posted, she looks all husky here, akita's have rounder faces & heads - but give it a few months till she grows a bit more, it will be more obvious :D

You must keep taking pics of her too, for two reasons 1) she will change so much in the first year & 2) we want to see them! :P:lol:

Look forward to chatting with you around here

Hi welcome to the pack she is gorgeous u will not belive how many times ive bin asked if my boy blaze is an akita - i think its cuz u dont see many sibes about and they have the pointed ears n curly tail - and the fact akitas are more common - ive even bin asked if blaze is a wolf or a samoyed and ive heard sum1 call him a shar -pei ohmy.gif

Thanks for all of the replies. Yeah my neighbor has an akita and i see no resemblance, but i understand that around my area not a lot of people have huskys. I will make sure i post as many pictures of her growing up, shes a joy to have around and she surprises me every day with something new. I've had her for 5 days now so trust me i will explore the forum and keep you guys updated.

Hi, welcome to the pack :)

I can't see an akita there but I can see a gorgeous HUSKY :wub:

You will find a lot of people who aren't "in the know" with regards to breeds of dogs try and act clever as if they know everything lol Take it with good humour :)

Hello welcome to the pack

Suki is gorgeous :wub: and like everyone else I would say she was a husky :) If you look at the mistaken identity thread whhich smithy has given you the link for you will see we have all been told our dogs are a completely different breed of dog than they actually are laugh.giflaugh.gif We have many different breeds on here like wolves, malamutes, akitas, chow chows, samoyds, even bull breeds and collies, etc etc and then we have a collection of much more "exotic" breeds like WAREWOLVES and TIGERS lol lol