Hi from Boston!

Hi Katlyn welcome to the pack!!

He is adorable! Look forward to seeing you around and watching him grow!

How come you got him so young? They don't normally leave their mum till around 7-8 weeks?

Feel free to have a brows around and look forward to seeing your contributions to your new "home" biggrin.gif

Hiya, Katlyn & Calcifer, welcome to the pack :wave:

Calcifer is gorgeous! Where did you adopt him from? I only ask as he is very young & where possible should still be with Mum & his siblings, learning how to be a husky! :D

Is he your first husky? You'll get loads of info & any help you want on here, we're all mad but friendly!! :lol:

Look forward to chatting with you around here & seeing LOADS of pictures of Calcifer as he grows ... be warned, take as many pics as you can for 2 reasons .... 1) they change SO quickly in the first year & 2) we wanna see them!! ;):lol:

Haha hello! We got him from a breeder near Canada. We thought he was going to be 8 weeks but when we picked him up and I asked how old he was to verify the age she said 6 weeks on Saturday (I picked him up on a Tuesday I think) I was shocked! My boyfriend had been in contact with them. I brought him to the free clinic near my home yesterday and the vet told me he has worms- they de-wormed him, and fleas! I've bathed him in Dawn three times and picked off about 12-13 fleas between the three baths. He's also acting very aggressive towards my boyfriend and I! I'm nervous that he should still be with his mom for a while longer and that is what is causing his behavioral problems. Sorry to be so rambley! I'm going to be asking tons of questions and also we have tons of pictures of him already. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

P.s.- Also, yes, Calcifer is our first husky. I've had beagles growing up my whole life, and from reading the books I have I can see he is going to be much different! haha

Oh poor guy - sounds like his "breeder" hadn't wormed him :(

You're right, he would still be learning his "bite inhibition" at the moment if he was with his litter, so now, you have to teach him......if / when he chews your hand give a firm NO and remove your hand and walk away.

Good to hear you've been reading up on the breed :)

Wow, you have had a bit of a rough start with him, poor thing! His behaviour suggests yes, he should be with his litter mates learning his "manners"! But he's with you now & you've started on the right path taking him the vet's & getting him sorted :)

You're gonna have to be very strict with the little cutie, he'll give you the big eyes, but don't fall for them! :P

Anything you want to know, have a browse around the forum or post up a new thread & someone will be around to help you out! ;)

Wow, you have had a bit of a rough start with him, poor thing! His behaviour suggests yes, he should be with his litter mates learning his "manners"! But he's with you now & you've started on the right path taking him the vet's & getting him sorted :)

You're gonna have to be very strict with the little cutie, he'll give you the big eyes, but don't fall for them! :P

Anything you want to know, have a browse around the forum or post up a new thread & someone will be around to help you out! ;)

Yes we certainly have! It's very frustrating. I feel so bad for the little guy. He absolutely hates the baths, screams his head off... sounds like he is being murdered :(

It's scary because he was one of the last ones of his litter to go I'm pretty sure. That means some of the puppies left at 5 weeks or earlier!

I've been trying to be strict with him but it doesn't work most times. My boyfriend's father told us not to discipline him until 7-12 weeks- according to books he's been reading about training dogs- and we listened for a day or two. I threw that out the window pretty quickly, though. Thanks for the replies both of you, I'm going to need all the help I can get! I'm happy to have found a board especially for huskies!

post-1052-1358594700807_thumb.jpg

awww look at that face - he's so CUTE :wub:

Training should be starting now - yo're totally right :up: They're not daft, never let them fool you lol those puppy eyes they make at you are very mischevious laugh.gif

You will have all the help you want here :)

Yes don't let those sweet looks fool you! There is a brain working at full capacity in that cute little head!

Looking forward to more pics and ask as much as you want! It's better to ask and be informed than to not ask.. and well.. not have a house to come home to! Hehe :D

Welcome to the world of Sibes!

Hi Katlyn, Welcome to the Pack. Calcifer looks adorable. Shame on the "breeder". I'm surprised the breeder would let a pup go at six weeks. Makes you wonder. At any rate, take a look at some of the posts here on training. There's a wealth of information and many posts have links to other sites with good information as well. Here's a tip on discipline. Ignore the bad things, praise the good things. If you don't have a crate for him, you should get one. They are great to help with pottty training, and keeping the little one out of harms way when you have to leave for a bit, or at night while sleeping. Keep in mind, little ones can hold out for bathroom duty about 1 hour for every month of age. So it's going to be about six months before you'll get a full night's sleep. HA-HA!! If you catch him in the act, simply say "no", and immediately take him outside. If you find the aftermath, don't make a big deal about it. Simply clean it up, and keep a closer watch on him. Be firm, fair, and consistent. Huskies are smart and learn quick, but they also push the envelope every chance they get. Give him lots of attention, mix some training sessions in with play time, and he'll do fine. Remember, if you have any questions, any concerns, no matter how stupid you think they may seem, believe me, they are not stupid, so please post. This group is absolutely great about responding to questions and there are a few on here that are very up on training. Zoya sends your little guy Husky Hugs.

Yes we certainly have! It's very frustrating. I feel so bad for the little guy. He absolutely hates the baths, screams his head off... sounds like he is being murdered sad.gif

It's scary because he was one of the last ones of his litter to go I'm pretty sure. That means some of the puppies left at 5 weeks or earlier!

I've been trying to be strict with him but it doesn't work most times. My boyfriend's father told us not to discipline him until 7-12 weeks- according to books he's been reading about training dogs- and we listened for a day or two. I threw that out the window pretty quickly, though. Thanks for the replies both of you, I'm going to need all the help I can get! I'm happy to have found a board especially for huskies!

You have to remember he's only a baby and everything is very new to him.

You might like to have a read of the puppy development calendar:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=117592

What does he do when he is "aggressive"? What brings on the behaviour?

You have to remember he's only a baby and everything is very new to him.

You might like to have a read of the puppy development calendar:

http://www.dolforums...howtopic=117592

What does he do when he is "aggressive"? What brings on the behaviour?

Thank you for the link, I will check it out. We think he's trying to establish himself as the alpha. He usually is mostly aggressive towards my boyfriend. He does the regular puppy biting, and then when tell him no he sometimes gets this crazy look in his eyes, puffs up his chest and attacks! He goes for our faces and such.

Thank you for the link, I will check it out. We think he's trying to establish himself as the alpha. He usually is mostly aggressive towards my boyfriend. He does the regular puppy biting, and then when tell him no he sometimes gets this crazy look in his eyes, puffs up his chest and attacks! He goes for our faces and such.

:)sounds like a regular naughty little husky pup :P ................. just be patient and gently correct the attempted face nipping thing as other folk have stated , be firm but fair, you need to be his mommy for a bit, she would have "told him off" toute suite don`t let him get away with it but at the same time try not to be too overbearing with the correction cos they have this kinda "righteous indignation" thing built in :lol: try diversion with some toys /puppy treats etc etc !!! reward "good puppy" nuthin fer naughty puppy :D

;)................. gorgeous little monster !!!!