Riding in a car

naildownx

You can start taking them out in the car stright away we did anyway the only reason for not taking them out before there 1st injections kick in is because of what they could pick up of the floor but as for the car I belive sooner the better to get then used to it my 2 love it :)

I have to agree, start right away with the car rides. If, like some, you only take your dog for a ride when you go to the vet, they will not learn to enjoy the ride. Huskies love being in a pack, and you will be part of their pack. So yes, take the pup along.

I took by boys out in the car to get them used it - when we went to visit friends or to parents etc we'd take them with us to give them a positive experience - then when they went to the vets it wasn't as bad lol

There's no health risks as long as you don't let them down, carry them in your arms until they've had all their shots :)

yup we took her straight away as well...and as soon as we found a harness that was small enough/comfortable enough for her, we then had her secured in the car by her harness into a seatbelt clip - this was how we knew we were going to transport her, so wanted to get her used to it from the beginning!

One thing, you should always, pups and older dogs have then secured in the car...either in a crate, harnessed and plugged into seatbelt bit or in the boot with a screen thing (not the best option).

The reasons for this are, if you get in an accident they should not be too seriously hurt, they won't hurt you (a dog flying into the back of your seat is the same as a person), they are secure so that if the firemen have to cut you out/police need to help you they don't have a dog who is probably scared and may bite them loose in the car...and they don't have to worry about the dog getting on the road either. Also, some dogs wander in the car if they are not secured, which could distract you.

Again like everyone else from day 1 so they get used to it. I would also say not straight after feeding tho due to them being sick lol. Like others said make sure you do it in between vet visits or they will associate a bad experience with the car and this will cause trouble for you later.

stacy x