Stop jumping at me!!!!

Sarah

Kimba ALWAYS jumps up at me when i get in from work. Stepdaughter gets home from school at 3.30 so he's out and about, i ignore him until he settles then give him some attention, but when i come down in a morning and let him out of his cage he's fine, he wags his tail but doesn't try and knock me to the floor!

Anyone else have this problem?

I do with my 3 (Not good when they jump up all in one go!). I always keep small treat by the front door which I always take 1 for each of them into the kitchen where they are. When I go in I don't make any eye contact with them and turn my back to them until they have sat down and then I turn around and give each of them a treat each.

Kimba ALWAYS jumps up at me when i get in from work. Stepdaughter gets home from school at 3.30 so he's out and about, i ignore him until he settles then give him some attention, but when i come down in a morning and let him out of his cage he's fine, he wags his tail but doesn't try and knock me to the floor!

Anyone else have this problem?

He dont do it in the mornin prob because he just woke up ;)

lol my lot tried this for quite some time, and to be honest having 5 malamutes jumping up at you is no joke, I now always ignore them for the first few minutes of going into the house, wait til they settle down send them out for a pee and whatnot, THEN bring them in for our hello's. life is a bit easier now lol and Idont have bruises all over my arms and shoulders lol,

Mo

I had the jumping up problem with my beagle (oddly my Sibe never did it). I overcame it by using the NILIF concept, that nothing in life is free and the dog must work for what he wants.

As soon as I came home I would tell Daisy to sit, and she would not get attention until she complied. Her motivation and reward was my attention, and it is amazing how quickly she picked up on it. Now I have a dog that runs up to me at full speed when I come in the door and sits instantly at my feet - it is like a habit, she knows that the sooner she sits the sooner she gets attention.

kendra goes mad when i get in from work i let her out of cage if she in and i try ignore her till she calms down but everywhere i turn she is there on her front paws barking like mad her tail wagging ten to the dozen she so vocal when i come in she has mad ten then calms down x