Problem! Help

Do you know those bags you bake your turkey in? Well Tuesday afternoon Dakota got in the garbage and ate turkey fat and all that grease from the bottom of the pan. I'm not sure if there was bones in there or not. Anyways I can't tell if he ate some of that bag or not. I've been freaking out because I'm very worried about him. He has gone to the bathroom twice since this happened and I did not see any pieces of the bag or anything. he is acting the same as he always does eating, drinking, playing. Do you think he's in the clear since he went to the bathroom twice and everything seemed okay? Or do you think it could still be digesting?

oops - little bugger lol

I'd say if he's been twice and was still eating, drinking , playing etc as normal then he should be ok - just keep an eye on his stools over the next few days and if you notice anything funny call the vets.

Paws crossed he's ok x

The vet would say that so long as he's still playing, eating, pooing and peeing normally...to just watch him...if nothing unusual starts up then youve got nothing to worry about.

Chewy has eaten a chuck of rope toy once and I was alarmed that it would require surgery, but 6 days later he poo-ed it out.

I feel a lil better now thanx! I hope he just ate the turkey and not some of that bag ugh! From now on im keeping the garbage on the basement step so he cant get to it at all. Ya know sometimes i think he just does this to see " hmm what can I do to give my mom a heart attack today??" lol

Ya know sometimes i think he just does this to see " hmm what can I do to give my mom a heart attack today??" lol

Oh, yeah, that is part of the husky law when they're born ........... :rolleyes::lol:

I'm sure he's gonna be fine, we know how quickly they are sick or get the runs when they have something that disagrees with them, if there's been no signs in 48 hrs, he'll be fine & looking for the next thing to surprise you with :lol:

Im sure we all know exactly what you mean. Remember that day after Chewys surgery he ate that entire pain pill because I dropped it on the floor? I was so worried. I waited and waited to hear from the vet and was not relieved until she called and tols me he'd be ok and to wait 24 hours before I gave him more...

Yep, my Dakota swallowed a sock whole and carried it around in his tummy for a few days before barfing it up. As long your Dakota continues to play, eat, drink, and poo, you're in good shape. Any changes, though, and it might be wise to call the vet. Good luck! If your Dakota is anything like my Dakota, this will be the first of just many odd things to go down the hatch ...blink.gif

Think we can all relate to this Wolf is not to bad but when Saskia was younger my god she would eat anything she could E.G sock, one of my football shirts grrrrr flannel sponges and thats just to name afew most of the time she is sick a day later, never had to take her to vets for it but she made us worry and close to going sometimes.