We Rescued An English Pointer :)

So last night we went and picked up a 4 year old English pointer that was living on at a home with other pointers, but as the others were living inside, he was stuck outside in a small kennel year round since they had received him. They told me his bloodlines are worth thousands but he is worth nothing because he is partially deaf (he carries the gene that some white dogs carry). A friend had told me about him that knows the people personally. She knows them through field dog trials and thought he would be something I may be interested in helping. I have fostered many dogs before but had recently decided to take a break from it, so I was unsure. I went and looked at him though and his disposition is amazing, he is skin and bones, has worms, was obviously abused as he cowers if you move too fast to pet him. He has an amazing overall personality! They told me that he was too much dog to be in the house, that he would tear my house apart, and we would have to get him an outdoor kennel like they had. Well we brought him home, he tried marking once while still leashed to me and I stopped him from doing it and took him outside. That is the last time he has tried. He is crate trained to a T, he chews on his toys and not the house and he has excellent house manners. He loves his walks and tonight actually "pointed" at a plastic goose in someone's yard. We are enjoying him a lot and he is nothing like those people talked him up to be, in fact he is the complete opposite. They never even tried him in their house, so how they would know how "awful" he is in the house is beyond me. He is an amazing house dog and family member! Thankfully he was already neutered at least! He loves other dogs, so when we pick up our baby husky, I am confident that they will get along wonderfully!

Well it was good that he is in a good home now instead of being outside at the other house :)

What is his name?

His name is Chance now, it was Jay, we thought Chance better suited him :D

We they his breeders? If not would try to contact them and see if they know where their dog is and the condition he was in.

They were not his breeders, but knew nothing about the guy who dropped him off with them so they say, but they had his papers (which they didn't give to me). Whoever had him before definitely put some training into him because he has manners, knows his boundaries and seems to be housetrained even though we were told he was so crazy, and too much dog... :/, some people just irritate me. The only issue we have had to correct was his excessive pulling on the leash, we just got a Halti for him and it works wonders! He would practically drag us down the street when he seen a bird or anything that moves, which due to his breed, has an obvious reason. He is very comical, he will chase shadows, reflections, laser pointers...its his favorite thing! So yes, the dog that would "never be a house pet or a valuable member of the canine community" is a great family member and saves us from every killer shadow and plastic goose! :D