Need honest opinion

Thanks everyone for your honesty and concern.

As it turns out, she was being a bit unusual- for good reason. I spoke to her for around 2 hours yesterday and found out that she really has been having a rough time. Not only has her dog been through expensive surgery this week but her business partner has been in the hospital so she's been doing the horse riding tours and taking care of the animals and rach all by herself. After some hashing we worked out the money issues and she gave me a much clearer idea of when Solo would be getting here. At the latest Solo will be here thursday night, but if all goes well then it will be sooner, its just a matter of finding the right size crate (crate size is a requirement to fly him). She has said that she will be out sunday looking for one with the money i already payed and I shouldnt have to pay anymore (than our origional deal), but if i do it will be because I order a crate and have it shipped to her. Thats ok by me so long as he gets here safely.

Im a spazz, please excuse my momentary insanity (yesterday). Lol.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry this is a scam, I have seen this many times before, I would ring her and say that you can come and collect him and pay the money to her when you have the dog, please please even if you cant collect him see what she says, don't send any more money, what is her paypal address,get paypal to check it, I will put money on it being the cameroon or somewhere like this,

Sorry and if I am wrong I will apologise, my friend near fell for this advert

Sad post...Just been sent this by a friend of a relative, so I don't have any more details. But thought I had better post it so these poor dogs can have the best chance. Is there someone who is a Sibe forum who could maybe pass it on?

I have no idea whereabouts in the country they are. If only we had more room etc etc... It breaks your heart.

URGENT - HOMES NEEDED: HUSKIES 1xfemale 2years old, 1xmale 1.5years old and 5x 8week old puppies. They are going to be youthanased - please contact. even if you can't take one, please forward this message.

They were sent loads of pictures and videos too, but it was a scam and they lost a lot of money

Erika, have just had another thought. In your last post you said that she was going through 'a rough time' and that she had to do all the horse riding tours and looking after the ranch and animals all by herself, and yet she was on the phone to you for 2 HOURS. That's alot of time spent without looking after things...

Sorry I was out getting some food. Ummm...

First to answer Smithy, she had been taking a break and didnt have to do anything else for a bit when I called her so she took the time to answer all my questions, then we got all chatty like women do. Im pretty sure I held her from doing things that she needed to do but she just talked to me anyway.

She has agreed to accept $275.00 before she sends him and the other half after I get him...either that night or the next morning. She backed down a bit from an extra $100 to just an extra $50 in case hes a bit over the weight limit and the airline says it will cost more. we have reached a reasonable agreement and I feel she has been honest...

Yesterday, my "oh Heck no" radar went off after her short and somewhat spiratic communications to me and the sudden request for extra money. After speaking to her and getting solid answers from her, my radar turned off again because she was willing to "wheel and deal." a scammer will not do this but a breeder who wants you to take a pup will do it. The reason I was upset with her wasnt that I felt she was a scammer...I really was upset because it seemed to me that she was maybe going to "take her sweet time" about getting Solo to me, which is unacceptable to me. Im ok now though since we have squared away the details.

Just so everyone knows, I dont know how bybers and "over-breeders" are in your areas, but in hawaii it doesnt tend to matter if a dog is full bred or not. Many, many, many puppies and dogs go for anywhere from $600- to $2,000.00 each, many dogs and puppies are sold without health checkups, shots and almost always without registration papers. Technically, Solo is a steal for the $550, and the only reason i got him for that price is that Im getting him from someone who doesnt live on Oahu...but on another island. Once I called over to a store where alot of people buy imported purebreed pups and inquired about whether or not they had huskies and what price. The lady on the phone said the pups either come with NKC papers or dont have papers at all, and that each pup from their stock sells for about $1,750.00 to $2,000.

Just so everyone knows, I dont know how bybers and "over-breeders" are in your areas, but in hawaii it doesnt tend to matter if a dog is full bred or not. Many, many, many puppies and dogs go for anywhere from $600- to $2,000.00 each, many dogs and puppies are sold without health checkups, shots and almost always without registration papers. Technically, Solo is a steal for the $550, and the only reason i got him for that price is that Im getting him from someone who doesnt live on Oahu...but on another island. Once I called over to a store where alot of people buy imported purebreed pups and inquired about whether or not they had huskies and what price. The lady on the phone said the pups either come with NKC papers or dont have papers at all, and that each pup from their stock sells for about $1,750.00 to $2,000.

That's terrible that it's so hard to find an ethical breeder, but that doesn't mean it's ok for people to breed dogs without so much as health testing them for known hereditary problems in the breed.

Unfortunately a lot of pups in Hawaii are shipped in from countries like Australia (because there's no quarantine needed), bred by puppy farmers or dodgy breeders :(

I agree Bec, I even tried to start a sort of movement through ads I was posting. I added my 2 cents at one point about how most good breeders at least get the pups health checks and the first set of shots, and since hawaii is overwhelmed with illnesses like Parvo, it would be common sense to ensure that the pups had some immune protection especially if breeders want to charge $1500.00+ for a pup. I got flagged out faster than I could blink. I dont mind buying off island or getting a slightly older pup for this reason as the lady has already gotten solo all his first year shots and gotten him microchipped. This is the secondary reason why I was ok with paying the $550 once I had thought it over, since if he was coming to me with no shots and no microchip, Id have to pay between $100-$120 each visit for 3 different visits, and I dont have to do that...so its worth the extra money really. I just didnt think about that til later last night.

Puppies and dogs here are not considered as pets or living breathing animals but expendable commodities to most hawaiians/locals, not all but most.