Need honest opinion

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry all, guess I kind of feel like im being played a bit by the lady who has Solo. She now wants more money and Im feeling a bit streched right now with christmas and all. If you have kids then you know my feelings about it. She now wants an extra $50 to $100 to get him to me. I really want him though so Ill just pay...Had to rearrange my budget a bit more but at least I still have a bit of a buffer left over.

Oweh! That sounds dodgey to me Erica, I know your probley already awear being a long time member here but just make sure she actually does have him and its not some sort of scam! What reason did she give for suddenly upping the price on you? I really know what its like when your heart over rules your head as my Nukka came from a BYB but at least she stuck to the price advertised! Just be careful hon! smile.gif

aw, Erika! That's awful .... I know I would do the same after all that's gone on, and it seems you'll be taking him off a money-grabbing beep-beep-beep!! I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, pull on the purse strings a bit now you've decided to go ahead with it, mark it down to experience & enjoy Solo as part of your pack, it just leaves a nasty taste to getting him.

Big hugs, Erika, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well Solo doesnt deserve to be deserted again by another potential owner (me this time) and its not his fault. Having met him through dozens of pictures and videos, I just cant bring myself to say no now...its just not fair to him. Besides whats a little extra money for a lifetime of love, right, lol??

Oh Sarahandnukka, (almost didnt see your post),

She is saying that she suddenly feels he'll need a bigger crate for shipping him, that he may cost more to ship, and that with the recent accident involving her dog this last weekend she isnt sure she can afford to pay out to ship him the way she was going to when we origionally agreed about the money. Some of this I totally get as surgery on pets isnt cheap, but really it seems a bit rude to change the deal so suddenly so that I will have to pay out more and she can keep more, ya know? Here I am complaining again, my bad. Ive just decided to take the hit for love as I feel 90% sure he'll be a very good fit in our family.

I wish she would go for a deal like that guys! I really wish she would but having talked to her several times and after hearing about the last two people who were supposed to take him, (basically how she got dooped by them and they never paid) she wont do it. People in hawaii are very different that in the Continental USA and even the UK, especially breeders and people who sell animals in general. The only reason Ill go ahead and send the full amount is that Im paying through paypal so my purchase is covered under buyer protection.

The other reason Im having a bit of trouble backing out is my 7 year old boy...who is so very excited and asking me 24/7 when will solo get here.

You can be sure that after I make my payment though, that I will be calling her and pestering her (quite) a bit to get his flight arrangements made ASAP...since she wants me to pay more, I feel its reasonable to expect to have him sooner than we agreed on since it wont cost any more or less to send him any day of the week.

No there isnt a written contract. I dont HAVE to take him but Im out of the deposit if I dont, yeesh. I guess it just feels a bit bad that since i have to pay extra to her I have to wait to buy chewy a new crate and compromise his comfort for getting solo here. I know to some people chewy is just a dog, but to me he's my child and a very important member of my family so im kind of peeved...then again if I just buy some cheaper dog food for this payday maybe i can still swing it, but I dont want to go and change his diet again, ya know? Plus theres always the fact that Ive got to go christmas shopping for my kids. Life is always about give and take though, so...

Im going to stop being a grump though, cuz I just dont want to be grumpy, lol.

GREAT! so now shes telling me she cant find a medium size crate to ship him, and that "there's no rush" although Ive already made a deposit and Im paying her $550+ on monday!

Now Ive just got a strange feeling that nothing about this is going to go smoothly like it did with chewy...oiy.

Hmmm be careful Erika. She does not sound ethical at all - she's giving you a lot of excuses and $550 is a LOT of money to pay for an unpapered older puppy from possibly unhealth tested parents without her now wanting to charge you even more. Why is she hanging on to him for so long?

I know you have your heart set on this dog but PLEASE be careful - I am seeing a lot of red flags here. I would be concerned about what else she is being dishonest about too.

If it's only a 30 minute flight is there anyway that you can go out to her property and pick him up yourself?