Roll on thursday

Randomly came across the site and thought I'd register, so i guess this is my official hello!

guess I should tell you a little about myself (why does this seem silly typing about yourself? lol)

My Name is Clive, originally from Birmingham UK but currently living in a remote town in Labrador Canada. I haven't got my pup yet (get her on Thursday as she is only just 8 weeks, but I've met the delightful little thing) but I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve. Mya (I wasn't keen on the original spelling of Maya)isn't a pure husky, but no such things exist really up in these parts. Basically her mother became poisoned after the birth of her pups and was taken in by the town dog lover who basically brought her back from death once or twice and got her healthy enough to care for the puppies again. Dogs aren't treated the best in this Inuit town (there are exceptions!) so I'm glad one is getting a safe caring home with the wife and I.

The mother and the pups

IMGP5195.jpg

The litter (Mya is the one on her side)

IMGP5333.jpg

Mya

IMGP5357.jpg

Hiya, Clive & Mrs Clive (!), welcome to the forum :wave:

Mya is a gorgeous little thing, it's hard sometimes to understand how different cultures act towards animals, that Mum is so lucky to have been helped back to health so she could care for her pups.

I bet Thursday can't come quickly enough for you both, to pick up your little girl, one request - LOADS OF PICS OF HER GROWING UP, PLEASE!! :D

Hi welcome to the site Mya is gorgeous :) have fun thursday playing with ur new pup do u no what shes crossed with as she does like full sibe?

Not sure on the other parental half! Dogs stray up here (tiny town, logs of dogs..mainly outdoor 'snow'dogs) but I'd say she's as close to pure as you get up here. Seriously, this is the kind of dog you get walking around raiding the garbage for a meal up here.

here is another example, Jasmine who I couldn't keep due to circumstances being different at the time (we've only just purchased our own house, but kept her for a month till we got her sorted)...we shipped her out of town to a good home. She was found dumped in the trash outside the school.

DSCN3296.jpg

Hey Clive, welcome to the pack. You've started off on the right foot by posting photos. We love photos. Mya looks pretty cute, regardless of her parental background.

Hello Clive et al, welcome to the pack. Mya looks a little babe, good luck on puppyday. Seems quite ironic though as you say that doga are not treated well in the town, with the name of a dog breed...

It is sad to see sometimes, you wish you could save them all. Labrador is actually the province (well Newfoundland and Labrador to be exact). The town is called Nain