Can anyone recomend..?

Hey gang,

Am on the look out for a good car harness...

have looked at a few options online including an adaptor that plugs into your cars seat belt plug which looked niffty but did say it was only compatable with certain cars and the car I have in mind is my mums very very old volvo so am not sure on that one?

Also looked at Pets at homes one which basically consists of a harness (which I already have, obviously as a husky owner) and what looks to be, from the drawing on the back of the pack, a little loop with a fastener on the end which I presume loops around your seat belt and connects to the harness but they wont sell this loop part seperate from the harness so in effect forcing you to spend £15 for a loop with a hook!

Does anyone on here use a good product they would like to recomend to me or tell me where I can get something you've seen that looked good? I'd be very greatful!

Love and husky hugs

Oh ok, I will send you an address if you want, but it is ok to just send it to Sarah and Nukka. If you can just send me some info on the car harness you use that would be great since I will need 2 of them in about a week anyway, lol. Theres a bunch of husky play day people who are dying to meet solo too so Ill have to take him the weekend after he comes home, lol. Otherwise I might get banned from play days, hehehehe.

I use the one that comes with the EZYdog harness. I didn't really want to use my car's seat belt for the dog because, well, I didn't want dog scuzz on the belt in case people need to use it. What I did was go to REI (you can go to any store that sells climbing equipment) and bought a climbing-quality nylon strap for less than $5. I just have that threaded through the EZYdog attachment (you'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about) and secured with a carabiner around the seat. I just clip Dakota in and out by his harness, and if a human needs the seat, I can just slip off the nylon strap and toss it in the back. Not sure if that made sense without piccys -- can upload some if anybody else who has EZYdog harnesses is interested.

Dog scuzz aside, in all honesty, I could NOT figure out any other way to use the EZYdog seatbelt attachment, but my little strap is working out great. Gives the dog some freedom of movement but keeps him from faceplanting if I get on the brakes too hard ...

Below is a quote from one of the reviews on REI.com about the Ruff Wear harness. I think if you're looking for one to use in conjunction with a seatbelt, this review is especially useful.

By EValP

from Littleton, CO

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

pixel.gifPros

• Attractive
  • Durable
  • Safe
Cons

Best Uses

• Everyday

Comments about Ruff Wear Web Master Dog Harness:

I have used harnesses for a long time on my dogs. However, I always felt like any harness I put them into was not sufficient or safe as a seatbelt. That was proven one day when I had to slam on my brakes with my JRT in the back seat to avoid an accident. She flew into the foot well and was strangled by the harness I was using. I gave her mouth to mouth to revive her and she survived! I then went on a mission to find a proper harness and the Ruff Wear harness fits the bill.

She now uses it everyday and it is very safe and secure. It fits snug but not to snug and as a seat belt, I think she is safer than me now. On the trail, she is comfortable and I can lift her over large obstacles and on city walks, she pulls and is not strangled by a traditional collar. I plan on getting another soon for my second JRT puppy when he gets full grown. Thanks for a brilliant product Ruff Wear; highly recommended!

• Gift:
  • No
  • Sizing:
  • Feels true to size

Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

• 4 weeks later...