Laptop Died!

BlueWolf

Was gone for two days and brought my laptop with me as I knew I had wifi in the hotel. Filled it up with a few series I'm watching and some programming projects I was working on. After arriving yesterday I opened my laptop, logged in and had only just send a message to my friends saying I had arrived when it just... went off. Despite that the battery was still full I couldn't turn it on. Plugging in the charger didn't do anything other then making the light on the charger go weird as if it was short circuiting. @*(@$*( All my plans went right out of the window as I discovered I had nothing else with me to do :(

I still have warranty on it but the shop has closed a few months ago so this may get fun. I already had to get a replacement for this laptop before...

GOOD THING is that I have near live backups of my laptop so I won't loose a single file on it. Something I'm really grateful of I had once made it place for myself!

Okay, this is weird. Guess I shouldn't ask if you tried to pull out the battery and then try to connect it to a charger?

Second thing I tried. But even without battery as soon as I plug in the charger its light gets dimmed and starts faintly pulsing, like a broken light. Something it's not supposed to do obviously. Laptop still doesn't do a thing, not even the light that the charger is connected gets turned on..

Yep I have. Brought it back and he took a look at it. He said he's almost sure the motherboard burned out because there was a huge amount of dust in there, which is weird considering I only have this laptop for just 6 months  :unsure: Either way, while working on my laptop he apparently found the solution for another malfunctioning laptop. It's the same one as mine. So he repaired it, swapped my ssd and battery for it and that's now my 'new' laptop again. Didn't cost me a thing :)

So apparently it attracts a lot of dust. With that in mind I'll make sure I clean it regularly.

Yep I have. Brought it back and he took a look at it. He said he's almost sure the motherboard burned out because there was a huge amount of dust in there, which is weird considering I only have this laptop for just 6 months  :unsure: Either way, while working on my laptop he apparently found the solution for another malfunctioning laptop. It's the same one as mine. So he repaired it, swapped my ssd and battery for it and that's now my 'new' laptop again. Didn't cost me a thing :)

So apparently it attracts a lot of dust. With that in mind I'll make sure I clean it regularly.

Happy days :)