Movies

Bambi92

What type of movies do you like?

Looking for some different types of movies to watch I figure there'd be alot of different types of suggestions here

Sorry if someone has asked already or there's a similar topic I couldn't find it

For those who like strange and a bit gory movies (I like gory movies and true stories) wrong turn 4: bloody beginnings is one very strange movie it was on tv tonight didnt think something like that would be on tv but it was lol

What are some strange movies you've seen or heard of? I'm into the odd type movies

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Older Horror Movies with all the suspense type music rather than the blatent use of gore all the time just to make it look Horrorific, Tho some of them aren't to bad.

Do Like a few of the "B" movies out there

Comedy Horror that looks like its back in the 60's called Brain Dead.

Any Proper Monster movie etc etc
And a Good Action or Adventure film

I like the Older Horror Movies with all the suspense type music rather than the blatent use of gore all the time just to make it look Horrorific, Tho some of them aren't to bad.

Do Like a few of the "B" movies out there

Comedy Horror that looks like its back in the 60's called Brain Dead.

Any Proper Monster movie etc etc

And a Good Action or Adventure film

Brain dead was a mid 80's movie directed by the legendary (Lord of the rings) director Peter Jackson.

Yea I forgot that :)

Always amazes me how the studio, sat and watched Brain Dead and Meet the Feebles and then said

"yep this is the man to direct the Lord of the rings trilogy"

I'm glad they did, but I can't for the life of me figure out their reasoning. . . :)

Cronenbergs "The Fly".

Carpenters "The Thing"

Carpenters "Big Trouble in Little China"

Always amazes me how the studio, sat and watched Brain Dead and Meet the Feebles and then said

"yep this is the man to direct the Lord of the rings trilogy"

I'm glad they did, but I can't for the life of me figure out their reasoning. . . :)

Well Braindead is certainly a unorthodox film Havent seem meet the Feebles tho

The whole character set in Braindead is just so ummm, actually I don't know a word to descried them LOL

Eh, I'm not much into "weird" movies, I love almost all of the movies made by Akira Kurosawa, but that's because I'm a junkie when it comes down to Japan :)

You might like the movies by Darren Aronofsky. He has his own style in making movies and I can tell these are much different from what we're used to see. Look up the movies which have music composed by Clint Mansell, I'm sure you wont regret it. :)

If we are talking horror then...

The Exorcist scared the poop out of me when I was a younger and the Shining is a classic and quite disturbing.

Evil Dead 3 (Army of Darkness) is brilliant, funny and a cult classic.

I love so many films over different genres that if I start listing my favourites, I will be up all night LOL

If we are talking horror then...

The Exorcist scared the poop out of me when I was a younger and the Shining is a classic and quite disturbing.

Evil Dead 3 (Army of Darkness) is brilliant, funny and a cult classic.

I love so many films over different genres that if I start listing my favourites, I will be up all night LOL

The exorcist is awesome lol haven't heard of evil dead I don't think lol

That's a bit like us we love our movies have a huge collection

Favourite Sci-fi = Blade Runner

Favourite Classic = Kurosawa's Seven Samurai

Favourite Drama = Deer Hunter

Favourite Comedy = Dumb and Dumber

Favourite War Movie = Apocalypse Now

Favourite Fantasy Adventure = Conan the Barbarian (original)

Favourite Fantasy Comedy = The Princess Bride 

I am hanging out for "Man of Steel" and have already bought advanced tickets for 29th June!!! Cant wait!

I play it safe and generally stick to comedy's.  Used to like horror's but the psychological thriller/horror I can't do as it means I can't sleep at night.  Particularly anything to do with ghosts!  Show me a psychotic man with a meat cleaver ripping apart bodies and I'm fine but show me an angry ghost and I get scared!  lol.

I love films like all the SAWS !!!

Also love girly romantic films and also comedy's :)

Weirdest films I've EVER watched was human centipede 1 and 2 1 was laughable 2 was just seriously messed up!!!

Haha I haven't seem human centipede in ages now I want to watch it lol and messed up isn't the word for those haha

Comedy's are always good :)

I play it safe and generally stick to comedy's.  Used to like horror's but the psychological thriller/horror I can't do as it means I can't sleep at night.  Particularly anything to do with ghosts!  Show me a psychotic man with a meat cleaver ripping apart bodies and I'm fine but show me an angry ghost and I get scared!  lol.

I use to be like that then Something changed I think I ended up more crazy lol

Band of brothers is one of my favourites blade runner is up there too :)

I love films like all the SAWS !!!

Also love girly romantic films and also comedy's :)

Weirdest films I've EVER watched was human centipede 1 and 2 1 was laughable 2 was just seriously messed up!!!

I am impressed Stormy! I have seen the Human Centipede films and they are insane - nothing really makes me bat an eyelid but those films were extreme! I believe a third is being made supposedly set in a prison with a 500 person sequence!!!!

A third!!!! I regretted watching the second one but knowing me ill probably also watch the third! But 500 people that is insane!

LMAO! Exactly my thoughts ! Definitely the most twisted films I have ever seen by a long shot.