Mandy's Meet & greet intro!

Hi all!

This is only going to be short and sweet because i dont have any updated pics of the dogs on this computer, but i'll be sure to get some and update later :)

I'm Mandy, i live in Australia with my husband and two husky's. There absolutely stunning, our eldest Lexi is about 18 months - I've never met a dog with a more caring and gentle nature in my life, she's wonderful. Mostly white/grey with brown eyes.

Our 2nd and newest addition to the family is lil Axe, his full names Axis, Axe for short (haha, the hubby had to have a 'tough' dog name) He's 9 weeks, and he's an absolute terra!He eat's everything <_< and he's too damn cute to get mad at for it! :P but we love him, cutest lil thing. And im in love with his facial markings, he's mostly black, bi-eyed, with some clever lil white markings on his face that make him look like he's always grumpy lol

A lil about me maybe? it's more about the pets really isnt it? lol i might just leave it there, i'll get some photos of the Axe man and update asap :D

The photos attached are just of Lexi. One from when she was a pup (NAWWWWW :P If onyl they stayed that small) and one from 4 months ago, shes a bit bigger now.

Does any one else live in Australia? if so how do you go about keeping your husky's cool? taking into account i dont live anywhere near the sea, and i live somewhere that more like the desert than anything else...i 've started freezing tubs of water with treats in them- they love that, and i was tossing up getting an industrial fan to hang from the wall out side to leave on during the day while im at work. Because any other time there inside, its only when we're at work thats the problem - at when we're at work it's peak heat...they have a pool too...maybe im just being a sook, and there fine...i just want them to be as cool and comfortable as possible. haha im rambling now...

EDIT: Just attached some photo's of Axis! the lil Axe man! he's soooo cute- see what i mean? he always looks grumpy lol i love it!

post-976-13585945087782_thumb.jpg

post-976-13585945088648_thumb.jpg

post-976-13585945269019_thumb.jpg

post-976-13585945269737_thumb.jpg

post-976-13585945270143_thumb.jpg

Hiya, Mandy, welcome to the pack :wave:

We do have a few members in Australia, Bec is on here a lot & has great advice being an experienced husky owner, I'm sure she'll post up any advice, hints or ideas she has for your climate :)

LOVE the pics, Lexi is a little stunner! I look forward to chatting more with you around here & seeing pics of your pack, when you can update them :D

Oh how adorable! Welcome to the forum Mandy, you are among friends here. I know how you feel about constantly trying to make sure your huskies are well hydrated and cool in the hot weather, as I live in Hawaii, and it is hot all the time here. The best advice I can give for that is to keep out plenty of fresh and cool water during the day and maybe get them a wading "kiddie" pool or something so they can splash and cool themselves off. Im going to get a kiddie pool soon since im about to bring home a secong puppy myself and I want to give them something to romp in besides mud. lol, here's to wishful thinking, hehehe.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Lurrvvvvvvvv Better not show that pic to my boys or they will be forcing me to get a plane to Oz!!! :D

Welcome to the pack Mandy!!! Can't wait to see loads more pics and vids :up:

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi- i feel so rude! i must not have my account set up properly so i didnt get any email notifications letting me know or comments! so sorry!

I'm afraid your boys would have to fight me for them ;) there such a beautiful breed arent they! I've just added photos of Axis -the newest addition :D

I actually think Lexi looks alot like ....Kimba? is it? your husky!

Hiya, Mandy, welcome to the pack :wave:

We do have a few members in Australia, Bec is on here a lot & has great advice being an experienced husky owner, I'm sure she'll post up any advice, hints or ideas she has for your climate :)

LOVE the pics, Lexi is a little stunner! I look forward to chatting more with you around here & seeing pics of your pack, when you can update them :D

Hi! I've updated! there's photos of Axis now too, excuse his demon looking eyes in one of them lol he's actually very sweet ;) they get on sooo well.

I love Diesel- he's gorgous! i love apricot husky's! my husband suprised me with lex, and because she's 'my' dog he wanted to have 'his' dog so he got to choose the colouring of Axis...but i'm still more than happy with the two of them.

Nice to meet you :D

I love Diesel- he's gorgous! i love apricot husky's! my husband suprised me with lex, and because she's 'my' dog he wanted to have 'his' dog so he got to choose the colouring of Axis...but i'm still more than happy with the two of them.

Nice to meet you :D

aw, thank you, Diesel sends a big husky kiss!

Axis is gorgeous, great to hear they get on, makes husky life SO much easier! :lol:

Hi Mandy, and welcome to the pack. Looking forward to seeing you and your furbabies around.

• 1 month later...