Surface? Thoughts

Mmmm think I'll stick with my iPad.

I have the iPad 2 but I need a new laptop so thought this would be ideal - like an iPad but with laptop capabilities. Ideally I would love a mac book but can't afford one - cant afford the surface either really but one can dream lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I am technologically challenged, but that looks cool. I have a laptop and a tablet, but something that does both is a bonus.

The price is less than what my husband paid for my Galaxy tab? But then again, once it is imported into SA, the price will probably double :(

Ew. No, I wouldn't get one.

Though, to be fair, I wouldn't get an iPad either...even though I'm a fan of Apple's products (I've got a macbook, an iphone, an ipod...).

I just don't have any uses for an iPad or etc. Everything the iPad can do I can do on my Mac or my iPhone.

Unless you shell out for the top end kit you get a "limited" version of windows and you could find some standard PC software (that you already own)

won't work. and you have to shell out for replacement.

and. . . .

even the cheap kit is expensive !!!

Write a list of exactly you want to do with the item and see if you could get away with an netbook or cheaper laptop or even an android tablet instead.

ive played around with one, my OH father works for microsoft so have had the download on it.

Personnal opinion, its better thn the Ipod, and is Microsofts version of an Ipad, it is also their contribution to the first step for only ever having hand help tablets as apposed to laptops.

BUT, this is their first version, and with all first versions of anything there are kinks that need to be fixed, and alot that needs to be improved.

i like it and think its great, but its alot of money just like an Ipad, question is, what are you after a laptop replacement, which it almost is, or a better version of an Ipad. Just remeber though, being 2 different companies, not all features are available on both.

you could buy a laptop for the price of a surface. personnlly id have the laptop at that sort of money! but then ive never really liked the Ipads :)

The laptop I recently bought is way cheaper than that, is the same size, has more storage, more memory and has an actual keyboard because to be honest, writing long document using a touch screen is one of the worst experiences. Besides, with my laptop I'm not stuck with a single system as I can do whatever I want with it.

Though I've never seen tablets as a replaced for laptops to be honest. When typing on tablet you have to have it flat on a table and that's not the best position to have your neck in all the time. Yes, you have stands for it but good luck typing on a vertical tilted area. You'll just push the tablet away from you.

The laptop I recently bought is way cheaper than that, is the same size, has more storage, more memory and has an actual keyboard because to be honest, writing long document using a touch screen is one of the worst experiences. Besides, with my laptop I'm not stuck with a single system as I can do whatever I want with it.

Though I've never seen tablets as a replaced for laptops to be honest. When typing on tablet you have to have it flat on a table and that's not the best position to have your neck in all the time. Yes, you have stands for it but good luck typing on a vertical tilted area. You'll just push the tablet away from you.

actually the surface comes with a keyboard, although its not quite the same as a computer keyboard, its flat and lightly raised keys. its in the same layout as a keyboard though.

Thanks for the input guys and gals, after reading your opinions I think a laptop is probably better, I like the idea of the surface but a laptop is probably more practical and less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Now I'm not saying I dislike tablets. We have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 inch and love it. It's great for traveling because ofthe at&t 4glte signal. I also just got the Galaxy note 2 which is basically a tiny tablet.

I'm just not a fan of windows 8. It seems like a gimmick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2