New Pup on the Block

Hi ALL,

This is sort of an introduction, hope I have the right thread! I'm sort of old and disabled with a 4 month old Husky named "Spirit", he's a great little friend and is not going to be very big as far as huskies go. My wife has a AKC 7 month old Siberian husky girl named "Sapphire" and she's a good dog and half bigger than mine. Spirit is supposed to be a Siberian Husky (but he's so small still that I doubt it). He was very sick as well as young when I got him. He was just shy of 6 weeks old when I got him...I know too young...but the real circumstances prevailed. He's conquered worms and Giardia (so far) as well as a run in with a 15 year old Akita (my other dog Kia)...didn't change his attitude of desiring to be top dog. Sapphire is an odd one in a way she's quite a wooly gray, chocolate & white and has a mane around her face w/ brown eyes. Spirit is a gray, black & white w/ a white face and blue eyes. The both make a very striking pair, except for the obvious size difference. Anyway, neither of us can walk too well so the kids (pups) play in our fenced in backyard and get an occassional walk around the neighborhood when our children feel like walking them. I'd insist on more walks around the block, but there are a lot of strays roaming around and I don't like confrontations with leashed puppies. So, I feel they are safer in the backyard running free...well as free as they can be fenced in with the other neighborhood dogs fenced out. Both like being inside more than being outside...which is just as well considering the situation. Huskies are very adaptable to different living situations and our two are living proof of that fact. My wife wants to get another AKC Copper Boy Siberian Husky...so my little guy will go under the knife before he becomes a contender for fatherhood. I really don't want him to mix it up with Sapphire...due to his seen to be gentic flaws.

Anyway, Hope this was enough to get started with!

Regards,

ElSoloLobo

Welcome aboard. This is a great forum, so make sure to check back frequently, and yes, please post up some pics. Sounds like your two bring you lots of joy.