:( :( :(

LuvMyKai

So annoyed, dont even know why im so angry about this, well basically, ive been tryna lose weight recently and i normally do well for a while and then end up crashing but this time, thankfully, ive been keeping at it. However, today when i went with my mum to drop my little brother off to school on of the other mums decided to ask my mum if she can sew clothes for her. When my mum asked her what size/measurements to use, she said 'OH my daughter is roughly the same height as yours, BUT SHE IS SKINNY!' What the fudge?!! Okay i know im no slim jim but thats just rude, dont even know why i let it get to me but i was so upset, i actually cried a little. And its not even as if the woman was slim herself. Its just so annoying that people think being slightly chubbier is a bad thing, ugh, so so annoyed and angry but most of all, im hurt,b when stuff like tbhis happens i feel like just giving up and not even bothering with the weight loss but i know ill just get even more upset when it happens again. Really wish people would consider what they would say before opening their mouths, would save a lot of us from being hurt, now it may seem as though im over reacting and normally i probably wouldnt even say anything its just the fact that i was actually starting to fell good about the way id suck to it and she had to go and put me down again...OK rant over now, thanks if youve read through this :)

you shouldnt let it bother you. If you are happy with the progress you have made, be happy with that and stick to it until you make your goals. Im not a skinny girl and will never be no matter how much dieting I may so, and I am totally happy with this. Yes Id like to take off a few pounds but I dont think you have any reason to be upset. You dont want to be skinny minny anyways, gets too cold. lol

I used to be 2 and a half stone heavier than I am now and I'm still trying to lose with slimming world! Which is great, but the other day my father in law was like god Jess u were so fat before, and he went on and on about it, I actually got a lump in my throat ... I know he was talking about what I used to look like but still hurtful, then my mum said well you can lose weight but there is nothing he can do about his face! Lol I know it's mean but it made me laugh!

People can be so insensitive to others, my sister used to 25 stone which I know is very big and unhealthy but people didn't know what was behind that and so many people were so cruel to her and she ended up moving twice!

I'm sure this woman didn't mean to be directly harsh to you but I think if your happy with you then that's all that matter!:):):):)

i wouldnt let it other you im not exactly skinny anymore i get told im fat i dont care because i am happy the way i am xx

you shouldnt let it bother you. If you are happy with the progress you have made, be happy with that and stick to it until you make your goals. Im not a skinny girl and will never be no matter how much dieting I may so, and I am totally happy with this. Yes Id like to take off a few pounds but I dont think you have any reason to be upset. You dont want to be skinny minny anyways, gets too cold. lol

I used to be 2 and a half stone heavier than I am now and I'm still trying to lose with slimming world! Which is great, but the other day my father in law was like god Jess u were so fat before, and he went on and on about it, I actually got a lump in my throat ... I know he was talking about what I used to look like but still hurtful, then my mum said well you can lose weight but there is nothing he can do about his face! Lol I know it's mean but it made me laugh!

People can be so insensitive to others, my sister used to 25 stone which I know is very big and unhealthy but people didn't know what was behind that and so many people were so cruel to her and she ended up moving twice!

I'm sure this woman didn't mean to be directly harsh to you but I think if your happy with you then that's all that matter!:):):):)

i wouldnt let it other you im not exactly skinny anymore i get told im fat i dont care because i am happy the way i am xx

Thanks guys, was just really upset but am ok now, she probably didnt really mean in a mean way, just got a bit emotional for whatever reason...its only really a few pounds i wanna lose and to tone up so hopefully, i should be able to continue and do this, thanks again guys, you lot rock :)

Flamin' cheek! Someone needs to learn a few manners from the sounds of things. And furthermore, judging from your avatar picture, you ARE thin and healthy too. Perhaps a trip to the opticians is also needed! lol.

I've had family members take the Mick out ov me for having put on weight despite the fact they aren't skinny themselves , it hurts I know I've put weight on I hate it I don't need it rubbing in

That woman needs to learn some manners!!

Big hugs

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I'm sorry you were so upset, but as already mentioned you're happy with the progress you've made so far and should focus on the positives. I appreciate you're sensitive about size but just offering a different perspective. This woman was just describing her daughter and using you as a guide. Similar height an build but skinny. Again, from a personal perspective skinny isn't the nicest of terms, it suggests lack of femininity, an unwomanly figure.

So if it helps, the next time you hear someone described as skinny keep in mind it's not necessarily considered attractive :)

Flamin' cheek! Someone needs to learn a few manners from the sounds of things. And furthermore, judging from your avatar picture, you ARE thin and healthy too. Perhaps a trip to the opticians is also needed! lol.

Thankyou, lol, i think next time i run into her I will advise her on that trip to the opticians :)

I've had family members take the Mick out ov me for having put on weight despite the fact they aren't skinny themselves , it hurts I know I've put weight on I hate it I don't need it rubbing in

That woman needs to learn some manners!!

Big hugs

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Exactly my point, i already know im not exactly slim but come on, dont rub it in!! Definetly needs to learn some manners! Thanks :D

most of us gain weight as we get older. its life. lol

as long as you are happy with yourself who really gives a crap!? my grandmother used to make insulting comments about my weight, but at the end of the day as long as i'm happy with myself who cares?

Yup, very true, i dont even know why i got so emotional, kind of silly really, need to adopt that frame of mind, 'if im happy i dont care what anyone thinks'

Be happy in your own skin' date=' hun! :grouphug:[/quote']

Thanks, i really will start doing that now, lifes too short eh.. :)

Yeah i get that, but its just the way she said it 'Shes the same height as you, BUT shes skinny' It just came out as if just because im not skinny, there something wrong with me or im not very attractive, maybe i was just reading too much into it, i do agree though 'skinny' doesnt sound very attractive.

Thanks again guys :) xx

what the..?? O.o rude woman needs to learn some manners :@

I know right! i was just like ok, i know im not super slim, but no need to rub it in...i just hate it when people decide they need to tell you your own imperfections! Silly woman, really needs to watch her mouth! Oh well, I guess you cant change everyone, just hope i actually manage to lose these few pounds and then ill show her :)