Hello everyone

Cher

I'm Cher and I have a 4.5 month female husky named Akasha. She's a great dog, but she has completely worn out my family! We got her at 8 weeks, and it's been like having a newborn baby. Until the last few weeks, someone has been with her every moment of the day. We couldn't even walk out of the room (past the baby gate) for a minute; she would be into something or on top of something immediately. She ate everything she came across outside, including rocks, mulch, roses....you name it. She was on a leash almost all the time; even so, she still snatched rocks into her mouth while jogging over to her pee area. Things seem to be a little better now; she can hang out in the backyard unattended for a little while now and we aren't constantly pulling things out of her mouth. Our lives pretty much revolve around her, but that's okay. We love her!

I'm really excited to have found this forum; I've been reading about huskies online for months, downloading e-books, etc, and I never came across this site. I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to the pack Cher! This site is great. Lots of wonderful members with beautiful Huskies. Pretty active core group on here, so if you have any questions or issues, just chime in and you'll get some great responses. And yes, pictures are what we thrive on.

Welcome to the pack, Cher & Akasha :wave:

She certainly is a pretty girl! And everything you have posted, all of us who've had puppies know EXACTLY what you're going through!! :D

Great to have you here, look forward to chatting with your around the forum - anything you want to know, shout up! Someone's bound to have the answer ;)

Oh, yes, please carry on with the piccies!!

Thanks for such a warm welcome, everyone! Sarah, we're from Reno, Nevada. It's finally getting cold this week and Akasha is really enjoying it.

This picture is about a month old. She is lounging with Big Green Furry Spider, which is an incredibly rare occurance. She is usually attempting to kill it.

post-763-13585943956076_thumb.jpg

hi Cher and akasha love the pic and am sure everyone had the same problems but once they pass the pup stage they are perfect most the time pity you are in the usa that means we wont get to meet you in person at meets never mind as long as you post how she is coming on and of course pics thats the main thing hopefull you will add plenty of input on the site husaky hugs from nooks and best wishes from Meg x

Hey ya Cher & Alaska, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!! Wow Alaska is a llittle cutie and I bet well worth all the hard puppy work :D Alaska reminds me of another member ( Ice & Cription ) on here that has a Black & White female called Alaska aswel. Hope you enjoy the site and have lots of friends and fun chatting about tis lovely breed. Look forward to seeing you around the forum!!

We are going camping and having a meet up day this month if you would like to come??? :D