Would you say Bo is a dirty-faced husky?

post-8312-13586063420026_thumb.jpg

This is my baby :) He's 7/8 Siberian Husky and 1/8 Malamute (his grandaddy was the Malamute).I always wondered why he never had the full white face look like most huskies have.. and I looked into it a bit and I came across the term dirty faced.. what's your opinion?

Bo is very laid back and he loves to talk back to us, especially when we ask him to do something haha.

My first thought just from the shape of the head / face / ears was that he had some border collie in him.

Okay thanks guys! I'm new to the forum so I just thought I'd ask as an excuse to get used to posting and getting used to the website

And Andy, a lot of people ask what breed he is because of that very reason, but he is definitely a husky haha i met the parents

Well then Welcome to the forum

:up:

post-1354-13586063421483_thumb.jpg

I would say he is a dirty face

"A dirty faced Siberian (also known as dark faced), is one that is heavily marked."

Well here are come pictures of "dirty" faces siberians, there isn't a TOTAL absence of white on the face but a very dark mask or heavy markings with little white on the face. Most of the time the "dirty" faces sibes are agouti :D

post-5415-13586063422692_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586063423485_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586063424086_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586063424423_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586063422506_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586063423104_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586063423715_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michelle Melsom
added another picture

Do you have a recent pic of Anarchy? In that picture it just looks like he has a bar mask to me? Did it change?

That's what I was thinking lol

And Thanks Michelle, I found the same picture on google of the second last husky pic you attached and its markings are very similar to Bo's, that's what made me think he might be considered dirty faced

Edited by strikingmatches

That's what I was thinking lol

And Thanks Michelle, I found the same picture on google of the second last husky pic you attached and its markings are very similar to Bo's, that's what made me think he might be considered dirty faced

You welcome :D I consulted with a couple of breeders about it too just to be sure lol

anarchy is a she and is deko a dirty face no white on her

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54744[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54745[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54742[/ATTACH]

Love Anarchy! :D

I have to give you a very warm welcome to the forum, not only because it is our nature here, but also because I too had a 'Bo' in my life. With our first names being the same and huskies named Bo, we must be kindred spirits.

May your Bo give you as much pleasure as my boy did before he passed.

I now have Omryn AKA pRyncess Ryn who is the light of my life, filling big paw prints (and my heart!).

Again, welcome.

Oh I'm sorry :P she*** I see lots of white/cream on her face. She looks so pretty :D

The fur having white or cream makes a big difference in the naming of the coat type etc. Anarchy doesn't have any white - all of the areas that should be white are cream. This makes her an agouti, hence the dirty face as this is most common on agoutis :)

The fur having white or cream makes a big difference in the naming of the coat type etc. Anarchy doesn't have any white - all of the areas that should be white are cream. This makes her an agouti' date=' hence the dirty face as this is most common on agoutis :)[/quote']

Agreed. Anarchy is definitely agouti by her coloring. Her facial coloring gives that away.

Even though Bo is not agouti he def has a dirty face. From what i've been told and have read you don't have to be an agouti to have a dirty face.

The fur having white or cream makes a big difference in the naming of the coat type etc. Anarchy doesn't have any white - all of the areas that should be white are cream. This makes her an agouti' date=' hence the dirty face as this is most common on agoutis :)[/quote']

Thank you :P I know all about agouti Marius' father was an agouti and so was his grandfather so his white isn't really white but the tip of his tail is o.O

Edited by Michelle Melsom

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54811[/ATTACH]

See, I/we/people have always said that Qilaq is dirty faced and agouti body..but she does have areas of white

Yes that is a dirty face, agouti will have banded hairs with black tips. The cream described sometimes does not show up quite as cream in some pictures but when you compare it in person to the white of another siberian you'll see the difference there's like light creams and darker creams Ive noticed. I also have found agouti siberians are not as rare anymore they are popping up everywhere, more and more breeders are going for the agouti look:P Here's a little paragraph that helps describe it:

"

Agouti (Wolf-like)

Agouti colored Siberians are equally rare. It is also called "wild coloring". Agouti siberians usually have special masks and markings. White markings are always cream. The mask is always dark, very heavy. (Dirty faced). Pigment extends far down on the dog's body. No dilution is present. Undercoat of agouti Siberians is charcoal. The outer coat can be a mixture of black, tan, red, or grey. The usual coloring is black on the root and tip of the hair, with red or tan in the middle. Points are black. Sometimes mistaken for sable or wolf grey. An agouti Siberian should look almost exactly like a wolf in coloring."

Here's some more pics

http://www.huskycolors.com/agouti.html#Myshka