Hi y'all

Phil W

Hi everybody. I'm Phil and my wife and I are currently owned by 15 Huskies ranging in age from 4 to 13+? years old.We live in Hertford, NC. Most of our kids are rescues and we expect to be getting another very abused boy in late January 2009. You can view their pictures and bios starting with Queen at:

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/486763

Merry Christmas to all!

do you two know each other then?

Welcome to the site m8 good to see more men on here - bloody need all the help we can get lol

Well -- I feel like it.... We 'met' on Y!A. I admired his knowlegeable answers there. This is a gentleman who knows his siberians -- and is willing to share his knowledge with others. I was hoping he'd join up here!

Well, we don't really take them out on walks. We have six acres, and they have access to a bit over half, so they keep each other wore out. Some of them love to take rides so we may take them into Elizabeth City to a park on the waterfront and such a few at a time. Rustie, who is in poor health (we don't expect her to be around much longer unfortunately), is a couch potato nowadays.

I retired from the fire dept. in Chesapeake VA about 4 1/2 years ago. I went to work in the marine industry about a year later after we got Zoe (the girl formerly known as "number ten") who had a severe case of heartworms. My wife also works retail. Of course the kids are a full time job in themselves!

Oh lordy, I think I might be in trouble now!

Absolutely not! I learned a lot from reading your posts, even though I've had Bo for 14 years. It was wonderful to have someone else put into words what I couldn't. I especially enjoy your list for those considering getting a Sibe. Makes them think it through.

I admire you and your wife for your dedication to this breed. I wish I had the time and space to even consider being a rescue for this breed. I hate to think of how what I've learned will 'go to waste' when something happens to Bo.......

definately we could do with a lot more people like you and your wife in the world!! I think I speak for everyone on here when I say that I respect you both fully and appreciate what you both do for these poor animals especially at this time of year! They should be jailed for letting these poor animals suffer especially when its so cold outside i mean i know huskies love the cold weather but they need a lot of human affection it's what they crave!! Sorry i am ranting it just pees me off all these people getting away with well murder in a sence really because these animal shelters cant cope with the vast amount and i bet you a lot of the animals get put down i know they say they never put a healthy animal down but i bet you they do!!

definately we could do with a lot more people like you and your wife in the world!! I think I speak for everyone on here when I say that I respect you both fully and appreciate what you both do for these poor animals especially at this time of year! They should be jailed for letting these poor animals suffer especially when its so cold outside i mean i know huskies love the cold weather but they need a lot of human affection it's what they crave!! Sorry i am ranting it just pees me off all these people getting away with well murder in a sence really because these animal shelters cant cope with the vast amount and i bet you a lot of the animals get put down i know they say they never put a healthy animal down but i bet you they do!!

Very true Laura, took the words out of my head. I remember I did some voluntary work at a locl RSPCA shelter in exeter through my summer holidays and whilst I was there they has the entire cattery section full including the quarantine section! It was a full house in with the birds and rodents and rabbits. And the kennels part they had one section clear of dogs until the RSPCA in Liverpool (I think it was liverpool) was overflowing with dogs and needed to somewhere to put the dogs which were coming in, so the branch in exeter had some come down to go in the spare kennel they had which made the kennels full! That was a very busy summer, still very enjoyable would definately do it again if I can get to a point where I can afford to do a summer of voluntary work.

Thanks for the compliments though I don't know if they are really warranted. We are not a rescue as such. We will normally not try to re-home any that we take in.

Most of the kids are rescues. Lexie is one that I bought from a woman who later said that had I not bought her that the next stop was the pound. so I consider her a rescue. We bought Demon and Molly from a guy in the Wal-Mart parking lot. So they weren't rescues. Bandit, (Abby), Nanook, Princess, Queen, Nakita and Mischka were all given to us by their owners for various reasons. Rustie, Missy, Zoe, Jake, Ashley, Sheba, (Tasha), and Max a GSD/Husky mix that we re-homed, were all rescued from various pounds or other less than a pleasant environments. Lucas will be our next who we expect in late January, as we understand it, the only reason he is not with us now is that he is being held as evidence in his former owners criminal court case, though if anyone had said we would even be considered for his forever home, I would have wondered about the drugs they were on.

(Aileron) was the only one truly purchased. He was my first.

*(crossed the Bridge)