Dark Knight Rises any good? ? ?

aronoiiel

I wanna go see it but I just don't like the idea of Bane being the bad guy in this one. To me he's such a one dimensional thug type character while the other's have this odd twists and turns and unpredictable personalities. Has anyone seen it and liked it? I heard rumors Ann Hathaway is a great Catwoman so that makes me happy but ugh I just HATE Bane >_<

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally get you there [MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] :D so went, saw it, and lemme tell you any Batman fan will definitely have everything they want in this film. Hathaway is a spectacular Catwoman I think she's my new favorite to be her to be honest. I dislike Bane greatly as a character but Nolan did a great job with him in this to the point I can not only stand him but was very much intrigued by his actions the whole film. The ending is the best part artfully done and a real homage to the fans of Batman. I have to say this was a perfect trilogy in my book one of the few that ended very very well and will be remembered for years to come as one of the best film trilogies out there.

My 8 year old son has been nagging me to go see this film. In the uk, its rated as a 12a I think so he could go but I was wondering how appropriate it would be in terms of bad language and any sexual stuff. Did you notice anything very rude??

Well it's Batman lol so violence is a given. Um not much on the language I didn't notice anything on that level there is kissing and implied sexual interaction nothing graphic fireside chat afterglow type thing (done wanna give much away) um but nothing that would (to me anyway) prove to be overly offensive though it's all dependent on what you want your kid to see I guess. Here it's rated PG-13 which is I think the same as your 12a? ? ? I think the main reason is for the extent of violence and the over all theme of terrorism that Bane institutes throughout the film.

My 8 year old son has been nagging me to go see this film. In the uk, its rated as a 12a I think so he could go but I was wondering how appropriate it would be in terms of bad language and any sexual stuff. Did you notice anything very rude??

I think it's a 12a due to the fighting - think punch ups etc

not much swearing and no naughty bits - if it was my 8 yr old i'd be ok with him watching it if that helps x

I loved the film! not a huge batman fan but really enjoyed this and loved the ending!

I think it's a 12a due to the fighting - think punch ups etc

not much swearing and no naughty bits - if it was my 8 yr old i'd be ok with him watching it if that helps x

I loved the film! not a huge batman fan but really enjoyed this and loved the ending!

Thanks Sarah. Both Tiff and yourself have given me good info!

Are you kidding me?! That movie was terrible! For one, Bane's voice is just silly. Two, there was hardly any action. Maybe it's cause I watched the marathon (all three movies shown in the same theater) before the midnight release, but I was more awake during the other two that I've already seen a few times!!! I was falling asleep during the last one! Way too much talking and trying to connect all the dots which if you think hard about it don't connect anyway! There were so many holes in the plot and characters kept doing things out of character. I personally wish I had never seen it. The first two were awesome. So sad they ruined it with this one. :( End rant.

Well it's Batman lol so violence is a given. Um not much on the language I didn't notice anything on that level there is kissing and implied sexual interaction nothing graphic fireside chat afterglow type thing (done wanna give much away) um but nothing that would (to me anyway) prove to be overly offensive though it's all dependent on what you want your kid to see I guess. Here it's rated PG-13 which is I think the same as your 12a? ? ? I think the main reason is for the extent of violence and the over all theme of terrorism that Bane institutes throughout the film.

How did the 6 year that got killed get in :eek:

How did the 6 year that got killed get in :eek:

Not sure about over the pond but here you can get into a Pg-13 if you are either accompanied by an adult or if they buy the tickets and walk the kid in and give their permission for the child to watch it. I think there's an age limit on walking them in though like 10 or something. Her mother was there and is in critical condition from a shot to the throat and abdomen they have not yet told her her daughter is gone due to her still severe condition.