Goodbye Ratties :(

Since coming home from uni my parents have insisted I keep my rats in the shed at the bottom of the garden as there's nowhere in the house they could be shut away from the 2 dogs and 3 cats, and my mum doesn't like the smell :( I realised I couldn't keep them like this - the shed is damp, not well insulated (so it gets too cold and night and too hot in the day), and there's all sorts of vermin and predators in the garden like wild mice, wild rats, foxes, etc. So I decided I had to rehome them :( They went this evening to a lovely home about 10 minutes away from here. The guy has a 'rodent room' in his house where he's got pet mice, show mice, zebra mice, African pygmy dormice, pygmy mice, and he's getting some chipmunks soon, so he's all for his rodents! He was telling me how he likes to go in there for a couple of hours every day and let the rodents all come out for a run around, and how he's going to be building a big aviary style cage for the chipmunks - he said he'd extend it a bit, split it in half and let the rats have the other side :D So they've gone to a really lovely forever home :) I was still really sad to see them go though, especially as it's all a practicality thing. I just didn't see this playing out how it has when I got them last year :( Bye-forever little ratties :heartbeat:

Your friend, Would his name be Danny Harrison by any chance?? (( for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, he was the lead in "Ben" - if you still have no idea what I'm talking about, you have my sympathy! ))

Literally not a clue what you're on about? :P