A-Z of pop groups

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not, trying to wiki it lol I give up now my phone is about to die

John Francis Anthony Pastorius III (December 1, 1951 â€“ September 21, 1987), better known as Jaco Pastorius, was an influential American jazz musician, composer and electric bass player. He is best known for his work with Weather Report from 1976 to 1981, as well as work with artists including Joni Mitchell and his own solo projects.

His playing was known for its highly technical, latin-influenced 16th-note funk, lyrical soloing on fretless bass and innovative use of harmonics. He is said to have redefined the role of the electric bass and is almost universally recognized as one of the greatest bass players in history. He was inducted into the Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame in 1988, one of only seven bassists so honored (and the only electric bass guitarist).

Jaco suffered from bipolar disorder, a mood disorder that is typified by episodes of mania alternating with periods of depression. He died in 1987 at age 35 following a violent altercation at a Wilton Manors bar.

John Francis Anthony Pastorius III (December 1, 1951 – September 21, 1987), better known as Jaco Pastorius, was an influential American jazz musician, composer and electric bass player. He is best known for his work with Weather Report from 1976 to 1981, as well as work with artists including Joni Mitchell and his own solo projects.

His playing was known for its highly technical, latin-influenced 16th-note funk, lyrical soloing on fretless bass and innovative use of harmonics. He is said to have redefined the role of the electric bass and is almost universally recognized as one of the greatest bass players in history. He was inducted into the Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame in 1988, one of only seven bassists so honored (and the only electric bass guitarist).

Jaco suffered from bipolar disorder, a mood disorder that is typified by episodes of mania alternating with periods of depression. He died in 1987 at age 35 following a violent altercation at a Wilton Manors bar.

see I was doin right lol