If Quasimodo had a dog...

The first picture made me laugh and the second picture is great. I just love the happpy face. Can't believe the first and second picture is of the same dog. Well snapped. Welcome to Husky Owners and looking forward to seeing some more great pictures of Lu.

He has many faces...this one makes people with a nervous disposition (or irrational fear) cross the road ;)

IMG_3071a.jpg

We're not that new here by the way, just quiet lurkers more often found when a Sutton meet is announced.:doglick:

• 4 weeks later...

Lu has been pulling faces again...

IMG_4433.jpg

This time in a stream running through wild garlic. Have you ever had the pleasure of being stuck in a car with two wet dogs for 90 minutes...that have both been rolling in garlic...quite probably because they know it stinks to high heaven!

IMG_4434.jpg

Butter wouldn't melt...but wet Lu and garlic will wilt the strongest!

IMG_4442.jpg

We took a visitor on our long weekend walk in the absence of Thunder ( Thunder is my GSD, she's been sidelined for over 2 years now following a serious accident and can't do more than a 30 minute walk). Meet Monty! A 2 year old white GSD.

IMG_4478.jpg

Anyone who says young pups have more energy than an old dog haven't met our Lu. Monty was absolutely pooped by the halfway point, so much so we had to stop for an hour at a pub for a brew and cool down...as you do ;) When we got home after a meagre 12 mile hike I had to take Lu out with the bike for another half hour trot. At least it helped keep the garlic stench away from the house for a while longer, and he still wanted more play!

lovely pics, lu is very lovely colouring is he a sibe. he looks so wolfish. lol to the wet garlic stompers at least that would keep any pests away from them. its unbelieveable how much energy these dogs have

Lu is part Sibe, the other part is Malamute. He isn't the most energetic of dogs, in fact he happiest when asleep on your lap or flattening us in bed, but his stamina is unreal. If you short change him with a measly 2 hour walk he'll let you know he wants more...lots more! Usually another 30 minutes on the canal towpath with the bike does the trick though! ;)

• 3 months later...

The past few weeks have been very difficult, not least with an acrimonious breakup and losing Thunder to my now ex as a result. Luca is at present re-homed elsewhere as well which makes the loss of Thunder even worse. Some comfort has come in the shape (and increasing bulk) of Arnie ~

IMG_4550.jpg

Meet the latest member of the pack, Arnie; a 17 month old Malamute pup. He was my sisters dog, but since her move back to the UK and having to take on two jobs she has needed to re-home him, and it seems that I have drawn the short straw!

Queue the gratuitous Lu and Arnie shot with my sister hanging on for dear life at the beach!

IMG_4527.jpg

Edited by Simon

Basically, my ex decided that she owned Luca and Thunder, which in Thunders case is probably more true than not as she was placed into the ex's care. Luca on the other hand was placed into my care by my sister several years ago when she moved to Belgium, so before the ex could disappear into the distance with Luca as well I sent him to my sisters where there could be no dispute over ownership...not that the ex EVER walked him, there is no way on this earth I'd leave a dog like Lu in the charge of a materialistic cow who's only interest in him was the comments that photos of him drew. I'm in the middle of buying a new house and am lodging with my mom in the meantime, so its one dog, and one that the ex can't get her claws in to. I'm not having Lu caught in the middle of a potentially nasty split so I removed him from the equation and placed him in familiar surroundings with people that he knows and who can manage him, and where I can still see him regularly. Its an absolutely crappy situation, but for Lu's sake it is the least disruptive and most positive for his overall welfare.