Hi to All

Hello Everyone

Stumbled across the forum by accident but think its a great idea .My wife and i (Kay)have one Siberian ,Sam, and a small crossbreed called Jess .We have just decided to get another husky or rather had our hand forced . We have recently had Sam to the vets as he had a small cut near his back passage which would not heal and after checking him out the vet informed us that he is producing too much testosterone which is causing this small growth.. the recomendation was to have him castrated (at the same time as having the growth removed which they have assured me is 99.9% not cancerous) but i had always wanted a pup from him as he is a big powerful dog and his temperament is brilliant(or at least it was untill he had a run in with an off leash staffie) The problem with breeding him was that for some reason he was never registered although i have his 5 generation pedigree(which shows he is related to a few champions) .I contacted his breeder who no longer keeps huskies who said he would contact the original breeder but it looks like him being unregistered is going to be a major sticking point.After long discussions (not that long really cos i`d already made my mind up ) we`ve decided on a new pup in the new year when i will take a long holiday from work to house train and whatever. So we`ve got a few months to try and pick a new name .... just wondered if anyone else has had a problem with the testosterone levels

Allan Hughes

Hi Allan and family welcome to the pack :)

Look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you and family :) Oh and seeing lots of pictures :D

awww poor sam, haven't really got much advice on the testosterone issue but am sure you will get some great replies :)

Hiya, Allan, Kay, Sam and Jess :wave:

Welcome to our pack! Good luck with your new pup in the New Year, aren't sibes addictive? :D

I too am unable to answer your query as I have owned my 4 yr old bitch Myshka since she was 10 months & we rehomed our 5yr old boy, Diesel, 2 weeks ago, so it's something I haven't come across .... fingers crossed those who have had males for a while may have some advice for you, though ...