Your favourite 'must see' TV programmes?

Mollys_mum

I don't watch a lot of t.v as I'm usually glued to my laptop, but there have been a few television programmes that I have been totally addicted to. In no particular order:

1. Dexter

2. Prison Break (series one)

3. Sherlock

4. White Chapel

I guess I'd like to know if there's anything else out there that I have perhaps missed out on that I could get hooked on whilst waiting for the next series of Sherlock to start.:P

So what are other members hooked on/can highly recommend?

Failing that, has anyone sussed out how Sherlock survived the fall in the finale? It's bugging the hell out of me and I've just re-watched the whole series again online.:confused:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-Downton Abbey - Come on September!

-Stargate SG-1 - but only till like the 7th or 8th season I haven't seen 9 and 10.

-The Pillars of the Earth - It was a I think 7 part mini series

-Inspector Morse - they even started a prequel called Endeavour!

-Lewis

-Midsomer Murders

I didn't know they made a new Sherlock series. Who plays in this one?

I like forensic type shows like CSI and all the others :)

Another favourite is Diners, Drive-ins & Dives, an American food show - I love good food made by chefs/bakers/cooks in their own small restaurant/diner - no big chain store type restaurants for me :)

In no particular order

All CIS versions

Top Gear

Sherlock (they really should make more episodes per series)

Torchwood

Dr Who

Warehouse 13

Hawaii Five O

Jericho (was watching this on Netflix and eventually discovered they cancelled the show after episode 7 of season 2. why do they cancel the good shows when the rubbish runs for years?)

V

There are others but I don't want people to think I do nothing but watch TV all day

-Inspector Morse - they even started a prequel called Endeavour!

I didn't know they made a new Sherlock series. Who plays in this one?

Endeavour was very good but it was a pilot. Lots of people loved it so there is hope for a full series eventually. Lewis is pretty good as a follow up to the original Morse.

Have a look here for details about Sherlock series 1 & 2. Series 3 is due either late this year or early next year.

I like Bones but they keep splitting the series in half with months between and it loses momentum

Lie to me ( but that's ended) love Tim Roth

The Closer

The Mentalist

Sherlock

Downton Abby

Time Team but they've spoiled it by trying to dumb it down an sex it up

How I met your mother

Dr Who

QI

Stargate Universe

That's about it. They mainly get recorded so I can watch when I'm home. I work nights so don't see much evening television

I like Bones but they keep splitting the series in half with months between and it loses momentum

Lie to me ( but that's ended) love Tim Roth

OMG YES! I was so surprised and disappointed that show did so poorly - I really enjoyed it! I don't even think I saw the end of Season 2 because they were so random about when it aired.

Why do shows think they can do that and get away with it? I get the mid-season break at christmas, but when they continue to do it after? Supernatural is doing the same thing and it pisses me off, because then you forget all about watching, or just plain don't care any more.

OMG YES! I was so surprised and disappointed that show did so poorly - I really enjoyed it! I don't even think I saw the end of Season 2 because they were so random about when it aired.

Why do shows think they can do that and get away with it? I get the mid-season break at christmas, but when they continue to do it after? Supernatural is doing the same thing and it pisses me off, because then you forget all about watching, or just plain don't care any more.

Exactly. As much as I love Bones I'm getting fed up of this and to be honest can't be bothered with it anymore. I'm sure they do it purely because they believe it's so popular people will tolerate it

Exactly. As much as I love Bones I'm getting fed up of this and to be honest can't be bothered with it anymore. I'm sure they do it purely because they believe it's so popular people will tolerate it

Have you seen The Finder yet? It's a spinoff from Bones and it's pretty good. Farfetched and at times totally ridiculous, but funny and amusing, to be sure!