Windows 8 Screenshots

Marc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh it still has some fine tuning to go anywho, I done even boot into the other OS now anyways ;) Back on my OS7 as I said Tiles is a no go for me it's retarded for a desktop.

Couldnt agree more

10 years ago I would of been the 1st to jump on this now I just can't be :booty: I'll let you kids find out if its any good then I might try it :)

Well, this is the second time that this "kid" has looked at it and I still think they're off their rocker. I can not see any business going to this ... if they're going to sell this to the general public who's becoming used to the "Metro" style from phones and tablets, that's one thing; if it's what they think Westinghouse is going to buy, I really think they have a second think coming (( Westinghouse is probably running linux anyway, but ... ))

I had to go looking to see how to close an ap ... found a program that (( theoretically, at least )) allows one to switch between the metro desktop and the classic (Win7) style menu - but of course windows defender see that as a undesirable operation and won't allow it.

To say that I am still very unimpressed is a understatement.

• Win 3.1 -> Win 98 -- Fantastic updates. Windows actually (sorta) works!

• Win 95 -> win 98 -- nice improvements

• Win 98 -> win ME -- didn't go there, win ME was either win 98 3rd edition or win XP prerelease and sucked (IMNHO)!

• Win 2000 -> Win XP -- I was all over that baby. Nice improvements!

• Win XP -> Win 7 -- ran the various prereleases, pretty much liked what I saw; did (and still do) generally like it.

• Win 7 -> Win 8 -- for me it ain't gonna happen unless they have the option to do away with the metro (and related apps) and give me my computer back. I'm on a single user system, I really REALLY object to having to enter a password front end!

<< snipped >>

You will be happy to know you no longer click on start, to stop LOL ... You now click on setup, shutdown LOL

I can't fathom that, in the first place, the hot spots in the corners aren't large enough to be comfortable (for me anyway). Then "Setting, Power, Turn off" --- Settings??? I guess that makes sense to someone but not me! Bring the power button to the foreground of that <whatever you want to call it that comes up when you put the mouse in the upper right> ... but the extra step of going to settings is definitely NOT intuitive!!

Interesting to hear that to be honest. As Im running it on vmware I cant really get a true view of its performance

I'm running it in VirtualBox and it sometimes feels faster, sometimes lags - constantly have to go out over the 'net though??? ... I feel for anyone who's still on dial up with this!

It still feels like someone is trying to my put cell phone on my desktop and, sorry MS, they ain't the same!!!

I'm running it in VirtualBox and it sometimes feels faster, sometimes lags - constantly have to go out over the 'net though??? ... I feel for anyone who's still on dial up with this!

It still feels like someone is trying to my put cell phone on my desktop and, sorry MS, they ain't the same!!!

Played with it some more today and have to agree

A bit hard to make my mind up from screenshots. How do I get a trial of Windows 8, I have a spare hard drive I could install it on and would like to see how it is for me.

just to say, never mind that question, it wasnt hard for me to type windows 8 beta download into google. sometimes I wonder how I made it this far in life.lol

Been running this for about 24hours.

I don't have a windows phone so I'm not familiar with how Metro works.

It's different.

Too different ??

Maybe

Agree that the shutdown / restart option shouldn't be in the "settings" side tab.

Gonna play with it for a bit longer.

ok just discovered that I cannot "upload a file either to the forum or to Photobucket or even add an attachment to an email.

lets hope they sort this quick . . . damn !!!